- HSCC has been a part of the community for over 200 years. We are a non-denominational Church, evangelical in outlook and theology, and tend toward more traditional music in worship. We are seeking to become more intentional with outreach, and find that
a critical component of this is to better support and minister to children and their families.
Our Mission: To lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus.
Our Vision: To see all aspects of our community transformed by our service to God and to others.
- Must be a born-again Christian.
- Must be able to clearly articulate the Gospel and methodology of salvation, and use supporting Scripture.
- Must meet the Scriptural qualifications of a minister.
- Passionate about ministry to children (ages birth-6th grade) and their families, and working to see both grow in faith.
- Understand, support, and promote HSCC’s mission and values.
- Proven leadership experience with this age group in a Church setting.
- Energetic, dynamic, have a positive attitude, and be relationally oriented with children and their parents.
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to maintain healthy, motivating relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and volunteers.
- Ability to articulate personal strengths and weaknesses.
- A Bachelor’s degree (completed or in process) in a related field.
- Must be able to pass criminal, financial, and sexual misconduct background checks.
About the Position
- Children and Families Minister
- Reports to the Senior Pastor and Elder Team.
- Supervises and collaborates with Children and Families Ministry volunteers.
- Works closely with all other areas of ministry within HSCC.
- This area of ministry will coordinate with the other ministries of the Church, contributing to the overarching goals of winning the lost to Christ and strengthening believers in their Christian lives.
- The minister will be responsible for ministry to Children aged birth to 6th grade, and their families.
- It is expected that this role will require 20 hours per week, including attendance at services and events.
- Cultivate a highly motivated, passionate, well-trained Children and Families Ministry volunteer group.
- Establish a comprehensive, age-appropriate plan for spiritual development for this age group.
- Oversee an engaging Christ-centered program that is consistent with the overall mission of HSCC.
- Maintain healthy relationships and communication with parents.
- Actively participate in leadership and staff meetings.
- Cultivate your own spiritual and professional growth.
- Lead others to a deeper relationship with Christ.
- Join with parents to develop in their children a relationship with Jesus.
- Support the overall vision of HSCC.
- Display a passion for non-believers, understanding every individual’s need for salvation.
- Demonstrate a Christ-like lifestyle in word and deed – being teachable, willing to be challenged, steady under pressure, and a good steward of resources.
- Effectively collaborate with other ministries and leaders within the Church.
- Transparent leadership.
- Plan, coordinate, and lead Children’s services and special events.
- Study and understand the developmental and spiritual needs of the Children of HSCC and the surrounding communities.
- Develop short and long-term goals for Children and Families ministry at HSCC.
- Provide leadership, vision, and Biblical teaching to Children.
- Be directly involved with children to model evangelism, discipleship, and to develop student leadership.
- Recruit and lead volunteers to serve in the ministry of discipling our Children, continually investing in them.
- Communicate regularly with Children and their parents, providing encouragement and relevant resources.
- Bring the needs of Children and Families before Church leadership.
- Research and assist in the selection of curriculum to accomplish the goal of discipling our Children.
- Function within the budget of the Children and Families ministry.
- Provide opportunities for children to discover their unique purposes and begin developing their talents and abilities.
- Develop and implement registration and check-in/out procedures.
- Ensure that check-in areas and ministry spaces and signage are clear, current, and focused on new children and their families.
Compensation & Schedule –
- Competitive salary, based on qualifications.
- Part time, 20 hours per week.
- Attend and serve at all worship and special services, including Church events.
- Maintain regular office hours.
If you are interested in this opportunity, contact our search team via email: hscc.cafm at gmail.com
- Your testimony.
- Your personal statement of faith.
- Your resume (with four references – two personal (non-relatives), and two professional).
- Your philosophy of ministry.