REASON for the search: We presently have a part-time worship director who has done a great job engaging our people in worship. As we seek to steward where our people our, continue engaging them further in worship, and build our worship experience and ministry
we've realized the timing is right to make this position full-time. Our present PT worship director does not feel called to leave his current, full-time career and pursue this full-time pastoral role.
ABOUT CALVARY: We are located in Fairfield County Connecticut and approximately 60 miles from New York City. New individuals visit our church regularly and we are excited about what God has done, is doing, and has in store. Our preaching style is expository
with clear, relevant, and practical applications to the world in which we live. We have two identical services. Songs by artists such as Sovereign Grace, Hillsong, Elevation, Matt Maher, Keith and Kristyn Getty, New Life Worship, Bethel, Passion, David Crowder,
Austin Stone worship, Aaron Keyes, and modern hymns would fall within the "feel/style" of our Sunday morning music. Our congregation is compromised of people from various ages and backgrounds. The average age of a person connected to Calvary falls within the
low/mid 30's - 40s.
The specific DUTIES of the Pastor of Worship involve the following:
Be responsible for CEFC’s corporate worship through song/music
- Plan and lead (i) Sunday morning music and (ii) worship at other special services such Christmas Eve and Good Friday. Such planning and leading includes but is not limited to: working with the Teaching Pastor to plan a song list and service that thematically
aligns with the sermon’s theme; scheduling the necessary band members; ensuring all technical and audiovisual elements are in place; and conducting necessary practices
- Identify, qualify and recruit new worship team members, as needed
- Mentor and shepherd worship team members
- Help teach and engage CEFC’s congregants in true, biblical worship.
Oversee any other worship teams (ie: Youth Band and Summer Spectacular Band/VBS)
- Identify, recruit and train band members
- Help identify, develop and mentor leaders for each band
Responsible for (i) all technical aspects (audio and visual) of CEFC’s worship and other services; and (ii)
digital media and other media/technology:
- Identify, recruit, train, and schedule members of Sunday morning tech/production team. The Sunday morning tech team oversees sound, video, slides, and weekly uploading of sermon to website.
- Ensure that needed tech team members are scheduled for other services and events in CEFC’s facility (such as funerals, special gatherings, building use requests, etc.)
- Schedule and oversee the filming and editing of certain videos throughout the year. Videos are currently used in baptismal services and, occasionally, to promote special events and ministries
Many of our Sunday morning tech responsibilities are presently handled/overseen by a part-time technical director, who the worship pastor will supervise and lead
Be responsible for CEFC’s Prayer Ministry
- Oversee and create, as needed, various environments and delivery systems for prayer. Present environments include a Wednesday evening prayer meeting, prayer counselors during worship services, and prayer as a vital part of our community groups.
- Identify, qualify, recruit and train any and all leaders of prayer teams.
- Strategically determine how to continually engage CEFC’s people in prayer and the best environments for prayer.
Handle various pastoral duties, as needed, which may include visitation, weddings, and/or funerals.
The needed QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS for a Pastor of Worship:
- Possess a doctrinal position that is complementary to Calvary Church
- A college degree is required
- Biblical training from a bible college or seminary (or willingness to obtain necessary education in the course of the job) is preferred
- Have demonstrated training, knowledge and skill in music, elements of music theory, performance, and vocals.
- Successful experience in leading worship either at a medium or large church.
- Knowledge and experience in current technical systems and applications necessary for and used in worship production. Some of CEFC’s current technical applications include a digital soundboard, click track for drummer, in-ear monitors (pending), Planning
Center, and MediaShout/Pro-Presenter. CEFC’s website is through Clover.
- Familiarity with graphic design would be an asset in this role
- Possess the proven ability to qualify, recruit, train, release and supervise leaders
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A self-starter
- Ability to take a desired vision, create timely process to implement it, and lead a team to accomplish it
In addition to the skills/gifting described above the ideal candidate would
- feel a calling to the Northeast and the opportunities presented in this unchurched region
- have a clear vision for worship ministry in a church and an excited willingness and proven track record in building and leading a team toward that vision