Who we are:
Milan is located in the Northwest corner of Missouri in its beautiful rural countryside. We are a community of 2,000 people. Milan Christian Church is a close community and enjoy fellowship together. We have a thriving youth program and have a desire to
see young adults trained and equipped. We have an active congregation with a desire to grow and see God be glorified in this small community. The average attendance ranges from 120-140 and we offer several Adult and Youth Sunday school classes.
We do ask that you be a Bible College graduate with a BA or above and have 3-5 years of pastoral internship or full time experience.
The Senior Minister reports to the Elders of Milan Christian Church. The Senior Minister will work with the team of Elders to provide vision and mission for the Church. The Sr. Minister shall be responsible for the management of the Ministerial Staff and
build a sense of team-work as they seek God’s direction for the church.
- To Manage the Ministerial Staff, and any administrative personnel.
- To oversee the administration and management of all areas of the congregation's ministry in consultation with Elders, ministry leaders, and staff.
- To support and assist the staff/ministry leaders who have primary responsibility in the ministries of education, youth, children, and outreach.
- To support, supervise, manage and evaluate, in conjunction with the Elders, the staff of the congregation. Participate in the screening and hiring of non-ordained staff and calling of ordained staff.
- To build a sense of team-work among church staff and hold regular staff meetings to coordinate the ministries of the church and facilitate communication.
- To work with the deacons to see that the facilities of the church are functional and in good repair.
- To regularly preach and teach the Word of God.
- To help plan for the overall worship service experience with the worship leader.
- To officiate at special services such as weddings, funerals, nursing home services, etc.
- To provide education and support for the global mission outreach.
- To provide pastoral care along with the Elders through visitation, counseling, and prayer.
- To make appropriate referrals when necessary and quickly respond to crisis situations which arise in the congregation.
- To assist staff and ministry leaders in teaching children, youth, and adults in the Christian education program of the congregation.
- To mentor youth minister and other volunteer teachers as required.
- To equip the membership for personal evangelism and outreach.
- To perform visitor follow-up.
- To perform outreach in the community.
In all of the above, a growing personal relationship with Jesus that displays the “fruit of the spirit” described in Galatians 5:22-23.
The position of Senior Pastor requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. The pastor should be in the office a sufficient amount of time for accessibility to members of the congregation and for regular communication
with members of the church staff.
Please send us your resume, a link to a sermon example and 4 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org