Position Summary: Serves as the primary spiritual leader for a relational youth ministry in a growing multi-campus church. Primary focus is on reaching the lost, making disciples, developing leaders, and building up students grades 5-12
through preaching, teaching, conducting services, pastoral guidance and prayer. Oversees the Associate Youth Pastor, who is focused on ministering to grades 5-8.
1) Create welcoming and engaging youth weekend services and special events (camps, outreach events, etc.) that draw in both unchurched and believing youth. Prepare and deliver interesting, clear, relevant, entertaining, and Biblical evangelistic messages
that lead the youth into a deeper relationship with God. Work with parents to empower them as the spiritual leaders in their child’s life.
2) Develop and provide oversight to weekly youth connect groups. Personally lead at least one youth connect group. Equip leaders to create connect groups that provide a fun and safe environment for people to experience community, healing, and encouragement
to take their next steps in their Christian walk.
3) Recruit, equip and lead a dream team comprised of staff and volunteers to run the ministry. Develop a system and approach to the ministry that is effective and sustainable. Provide relevant on-going training/mentoring and pastoral care for the team.
Encourage team members to disciple students and other potential leaders.
4) Attend weekly service at Anchor Church, meetings and events. Support weekend services as directed by Executive Pastor.
- Bachelors Degree
Minimum of 3 years of ministry experience working with youth.
- Possess a love for the youth of Hawaii and a strong desire to see them come into and grow in a personal relationship with Jesus.
Experience growing a youth ministry.
Possess knowledge of the Bible and evangelical theology, effective practical preaching experience and strong leadership skills.
- Ability to multi-task, follow directions and be productive in a fast-paced, changing environment. Must have a flexible attitude and be patient under pressure.
- Experience leading volunteer teams. Ability to recruit, and equip a team of Anchor Church volunteers with an emphasis on building ongoing life-giving relationships.
Ability to work flexible hours. Must be available for services, events and meetings during the day and evenings if required.
Possess a valid driver’s license.
Strong ministry-minded work ethic with an ability to work in a team environment.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Agree with the statement of beliefs and willing to adhere to the values of Anchor Church.
- Experience preaching to adults.
- Experience leading a large multi-campus youth ministry.
- Administrative skills.
- Experience supervising paid staff members.
- Proficient Mac OS user.
- Application available at http://myanchor.church/jobs/
- Send completed application and resume to cindyL@myanchor.church