About the Orginization:
Sagemont Church was planted in 1966 with 16 members and has grown to 4,500 in weekly attendance (Sunday & Wednesday services combined). Today, Sagemont is a gathering of people with a contageous passion for Jesus who gather to worship God for who He is and
what He has done, grow and invest in Biblical community, and go across the street and around the world as disciples who make disciples.
About the Position:
Ssagemont Church is seeking a full time contemporary worship pastor for the Sunday morning contemporary worship service(s) (attendance 800-900 and we anticipate growth!). This person will work with the contemporary service lead team and be responsible for
the health, excellence, and pastoral vibrancy of the contemporary worship service through worship ministry, discipleship, and development.
1. Lead worship in the contemporary service(s).
2. Organizes, leads, rehearses worship teams in preparation for the Sunday service(s).
3. Assist in worship planning and preparation for contemporary service in connection with contemporary service lead team.
4. Lead and/or assist in other worship services as requested by Associate Pastor/Worship & Praise.
5. Assisting aesthetic direction and direction for staging, lighting and audio for all weekly services.
6. Work and coolaborate with the contemporary service lead team for series planning and development.
7. Provide spiritual & pastoral leadership to all worship & praise staff and to teams that are led.
8. Contribute to online and social media presence.
9. Perform all “other” minister functions as required by Pastor or Executive Pastor within reason of family considerations and commitments.
1. Extensive experience in band leadership, development, and execution
2. Basic Competency in Music Theory with abilities to read and write charting for multiple scenarios. (Nashville Number System, Chord Charts, Lead Sheets, etc.)
3. Able to lead from 1 or more instruments. (guitar, piano, etc.)
4. Extensive experience in platform leadership ranging in multiple generations, environments, and musical/instrumental arrangements.
5. Competency & Command of the primary leadership instrument: The Voice
6. Ability to Pastor the body through the journey of the worship experience. Not only is it essential to execute songs well, but to shepherd the people from moment to moment.
7. An evident gifting and affirmation of the leadership gift of music ministry and worship leadership.
8. Ability to work well and negotiate with all kinds of artists, musicians, and technicians to build a culture of family and team.
This position reports to the Teaching Pastor for the Contemporary Service.
This position is a ministerial level position.
A Glimpse of the Service:
For more information, or to submit a resume, please email Wade Owens at: email@example.com