Position: Worship Pastor, Chattanooga Valley Baptist Church
The objective of this position is to: (1) lead the church body to encounter Jesus via authentic worship; and (2) lead in communication of the church’s message/brand, both internally and externally.
Reports To: Senior Pastor (member of Lead Team, in addition to Student Pastor, Kids Ministry Director, Academy Director and Administrator)
Supervises: Pianist; Keyboardist; Media Director; all worship ministry musicians and media ministry volunteers.
Ministers To: the church body and volunteers within the worship and media ministries.
Job Classification: full-time, exempt.
Education: minimum of bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- Must be called by God to lead others to encounter Jesus in corporate worship.
- Must have been a committed Christian for at least five (5) years.
- Must become a member of CVBC, and fulfill all expectations of church membership.
- Must affirm the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message.
- Must be an effective listener, a team player and communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Must pass both a background and credit check.
- Lead the church body to grow in faith by encountering Jesus in corporate worship.
- Integrate the worship, media and preaching ministries into a unified, seamless presentation during corporate worship.
- Develop, lead and grow worship ministry for all age groups.
- Increase worship ministry volunteer participation.
- Produce disciples who make disciples within the worship and media ministries.
- Develop key leaders within the worship and media ministries.
- Increase awareness in the Chattanooga Valley and surrounding areas regarding the church’s ministries.
- Increase awareness of the church’s mission and core values to the church body.
- Create a positive brand image of the church, its members and its ministries.
- Exhibit continuous growth in the areas of leadership, teamwork and personal holiness.