To shepherd the flock at Calvary Bible Church through clear and accurate Biblical preaching, evangelism, discipling others, prayer, and the personal example of a firm commitment to personal holiness.
1. Arrange for and conduct all regular services of the Body at Calvary with clear and accurate preaching of God’s Word; oversee baptism and communion planning, and focus, as a vital part of public worship services; plan, communicate
and maintain a year-long overview of the worship focus for the Body at Calvary; and maintain contingency plan for the pulpit to be filled when the Senior Pastor is absent; schedule other pastoral staff to preach in his absence.
2. Devote sufficient time each week for sermon preparation.
3. Devote time to personal study of the Word and to spiritual growth; and pray for the Body at Calvary regularly.
4. Directly perform or delegate responsibility for weddings, funerals, baptisms, child dedications, counseling, pastoral visits, leading devotions at the monthly staff chapel, and other related pastoral functions
as they come up.
5. Plan and execute the ongoing spiritual nurture of pastors, staff, elders and deacons; and mentor the other pastoral staff in all aspects of pastoring a church (i.e. preaching, counseling, evangelism, shepherding,
weddings, funerals, baptisms, etc.), as well as leading regular staff pastors in nurture, planning and ministry reporting (1 Peter 5) and overall supervision of the pastoral, ministry and support staff, directly or through delegation; and by example.
6. With the help of the Elder Board, cast the vision for Calvary’s future and the plans for carrying it out (Nehemiah 2).
7. General oversight of the spiritual welfare of the Body at Calvary, stimulate the congregation with training in Bible study, counseling, evangelism, discipleship and prayer and overall supervision of the pastoral,
ministry and support staff, directly or through delegation; and lead by example.
8. Attend regularly scheduled meetings of the Elder Board or other sub-committees that he is a part of, as well as all congregational meetings.
1. Biological male who meets the requirements for serving as an elder in 1 Tim. 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Pet. 5:1-4.
2. Consistent Christ-like character, as an exceptionally gifted preacher, plus strong interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
3. Member of Calvary Bible Church; agree with Calvary Bible Church Constitution and Statement of Faith; regularly attend Calvary Bible Church worship services.
4. Master’s Degree, and preferably an earned Doctorate from a recognized conservative evangelical seminary.
1. Read Calvary Bible Church's Constitution and Statement of Faith found here: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/533d473de4b0907609ad1f7e/t/5655e288e4b0509ba9d91e14/1448469128988/Calvary+Bible+Church+Constitution.pdf
2. Prepare your resume and a letter of interest in this position that includes a clear statement of your agreement with Calvary's Constitution and Statement of Faith, as well as a description of your testimony of
salvation, and of your call to ministry.
3. Send your resume and letter of interest as .PDF attachments to Mr. Steve Edwards, Chairman of Calvary's Advisory Search Committee, at email@example.com
4. Please DO NOT apply through churchstaffing.com, but as directed in step 3 above.