Purpose of Position
Worshiping God is foundational to all that Grace Chapel does. All other ministry and activity flows out of our desire and commitment to worship Him fully, honor Him in all we do, and serve Him with excellence.
We are currently seeking to add an Assistant Director of Worship Media Technology at our Lexington campus. The purpose of this position is to manage the Sunday morning on-stage production in Lexington, assist in multi campus upgrades, technical repairs and
church event support.
To be effective in this role, a successful candidate for this Full Time position will be a growing Christ-follower who possesses many of the following core gifts and passions:
- A high commitment to the local church with a passion and drive for the evangelism and reaching the unchurched in New England.
- A gifted team-builder who will enable and inspire others to find, use and develop their technical gift(s) for the good of the church ministry.
- A continuous learner excited about researching and implementing new technologies and best practices.Good problem-solving skills, including ability to identify and avoid potential problems before they happen
- A high-level of expertise in the operation and repair of audio, video, lighting and broadcast systems.
- Minimum 2 Years of stage management/production preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years of full-time paid media and technology ministry in a church setting.
Key Working Relationships
- Reports directly to the Director of Worship Media Technology
- Collaborates with Pastor, Worship and Arts
- Collaborates with Campus Pastors
- Collaborates with Lead Campus Techs
Core Duties and Expectations
- Provide creative direction to the tech team (both staff & volunteer). This includes assisting in: pre-service team meetings, weekly lighting cue development and calling production cues for lights, media and audio within the service.
- Facilitate tech support for rentals and ministry events, when required, at our various campuses.
- Manage the overall “look” and “feel” of Lexington sanctuary for Sunday morning services. Make sure the stage is properly setup for service, any teaching elements are properly staged and ready to be moved into place.
- Assists the Director in recruiting, inspiring, leading, shepherding and developing gifted volunteers serving in the tech ministry.
- Managing and maintaining all of the tech equipment on all campuses; e.g., classroom/conference room technology, travel equipment, etc. through collaboration with lead techs.
- Actively participate in staff-life and ministry meetings, including worship planning and creative team meetings.
- Supports the execution of the mission and vision of the church, working collaboratively with various visual, video and creative staff to ensure strong Sunday worship media support week-to-week and over high visitation periods during the Christmas and Easter
If after prayerful consideration you would like to be considered for this part-time position, then we invite you to join in the application process. We have intentionally kept the requested submission brief to allow well-qualified people to participate easily.
Please submit your current resume with a cover letter briefly describing your faith background and the reason for your interest in this particular position. These items should be submitted in electronic format only to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
You will receive an email confirming our receipt of your submission.