Outreach and Next Steps Pastor in a modern, multi-racial, growing church of around 900.
The person is responsible for developing and coordinating a comprehensive plan for assimilation and outreach for Sandhills Community Church.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Qualifications: Bible College or Seminary degree in related field; 3-5 years experience in a ministry context; able to work within a diverse church; self-starter; principle-driven; able to teach; and must be a networker. Must like to have
- Develop a clear and compelling strategy for moving church attendees into membership, service teams and service/evangelism in our community.
- Develop and lead Foundations, our membership class.
- Coordinate with the Pastor of Discipleship to develop a clear and compelling strategy for moving church members into small groups from Foundations.
- Work with the staff and administration to develop a communication strategy to promote, support and celebrate Sandhills outreach.
- Provide and promote opportunities to invest in/participate in Sandhills outreach.
- Develop strategic partnerships locally and globally, making it as easy as possible for regular attenders/members to share the gospel.
- Help oversee care for our missionaries
- Help facilitate short-term mission trips.
- Network with organizations that will allow families with younger children to serve in the community.
- Oversee and train assigned service teams. (Welcome, parking, hospitality etc.)
- Develop and manage the budget and calendar for assimilation, outreach and assigned service teams.
- Regularly evaluate the strategies used to move church attendees into Foundations, service teams and outreach
Time and Benefits:
Salary with Health Care
Range: ($3,000-$4000 per month with full benefits; commensurate with experience)