Westside Church of the Nazarene: Children’s Pastor
One Sentence Job Description: Provides vision and implement strategy for the entire ministry program to children (birth through 6th grade).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Give Oversight to the Sunday morning programming for Children
- Sunday School, Nurseries, Preschool Worship; Elementary Worship and 5th-6th Grade Worship
- Conduct elementary age worship service
- Give oversight to all midweek programming
- Establish discipline protocol and ensure it is followed
- Provide pastoral care to families with children
- Attend summer camps
- Develop and maintain safe, clean and aesthetic environments
- Responsible for check-in procedures and tracking weekly attendance
- Provide special activities throughout the year. One per quarter would be a good goal.
- Create and effectively manage the ministry’s budget
- Maintain ministry’s section on the church website
- Maintain social media sites for the Children’s ministry
- Attend the weekly staff meeting
- Attend all church functions
- Attend the monthly board meeting when requested by the Senior Pastor
- Collaborate with the Westside Christian Preschool
Volunteers and Staffing
- Recruit and provide training to volunteers, ensuring adequate support
- Ensure all volunteers are properly trained in Naz Safe and certifications are kept up to date
- Conduct regular volunteer training for children and youth volunteers
- Oversee the hiring of nursery staff
- Oversee childcare for church related events
How will you know if you are succeeding?
- Children are giving their lives to Jesus
- Attendance in all areas are growing
- Volunteer base grows
- Volunteer retention is present
- Positive feedback is received by parents routinely
- You fulfill all the items on this job description with excellence
- Track Record: A proven record of growth, salvations and leadership development.
- Direct Report: Senior Pastor
- Reviews: There will be a 90 day review. Annual reviews are held every February.
- Office Hours: TBD
- Salary Range: $40,000 - $50,000 (based on experience)
- Vacation: As outlined in the church handbook
- It is expected that your family is involved in the ministry
It is expected that you tithe regularly