Thanks for taking the time and we appreciate your interest in the position of Children's Pastor / Next Gen. Pastor at Christ Community Church. CCC is a healthy and thriving church in the western region of the US. We're a Gospel focused, outreach
oriented church with a vision for discipling all generations and all nations.
Purpose: Children's Ministry Pastor is to oversee and manage the development of the next and upcoming generation of believers from nursery to 6th grade. This job is being filled for a children's pastor, not a director or youth minister.
Timetable: This position will be open until filled. However, our search team is looking to fill this position by January or before.
How to Apply: Submit a resume and we will respond with an employment questionnaire which will help you prepare for an interview with us.
Experience: Our preference is for a candidates who have previous children's ministry experience, either as a pastor or director of a kids ministry.
Education: We are prioritizing resumes with a ministry, Bible, or theological education but are open-minded if you feel you have significant experience in children's ministry.
Reports To: The Children's Ministry Pastor reports directly to the Senior Pastor and is responsible ultimately to the Eldership Team. Our team is relationally healthy and values a collaborative work environment.
Oversees: A Children's Ministry team made up of dedicated volunteers and part time administrative staff.
General Requirements: All staff pastors at CCC have the same core requirements: To equip believers for ministry. To care for and shepherd God's flock. To manage ministries well. To maintain a personal life that is doctrinally sound and morally
pure before God. To effectively teach and train the next generation for life and service in God's church. To be an excellent team player who will minister on a staff of servant-leaders in God's church.
Pay: Full time salaried position. Pay range is dependent on experience and capacity and generally between the 45k-55k range (again, each candidate will be assessed on an individual basis, and that assessment is based on education, experience,
and effectiveness in a previous position).
- Identify and implement curriculum that will assist in the discipleship training of children ages nursery through 6th grade.
- Develop and implement programs designed to grow the children of CCC in their Christian faith.
- To oversee a team of children's directors to recruit, train, and deploy volunteers into ministry.
- To engage students regularly in opportunities for service both in the church and in the community.
- Provide pastoral care and training for volunteers in the Children’s ministry.
- Design a ministry plan and budget for the Children’s ministry at CCC.
- Work with the Student Ministries Pastor to effectively transition children into the Jr. High ministry.
- Plan and implement creative programs beyond the Sunday School such as VBS, Fall Harvest Festival, Missions, and mid-week programs as directed.
- Pastor and disciple parents in relation to the development of their children's faith.
Please Provide: If interested in this position, please provide a resume on a word doc with a statement of your ministry objectives and goals both short term and long term. Please also include answers to the CCC Employment Questionnaire (which
will be emailed to you after receiving a resume).