Our Church in Omaha is seeking an experienced Worship Leader to lead our band and congregation in a contemporary service. The ideal candidate would have a
strong Biblically-based Christian belief, musical training and abilities, with a desire to mentor and grow the team.
Please contact WL@dpcomaha.org to submit your cover letter, brief statement of faith, and resume. See full description below.
Full Job Description:
Dundee Presbyterian Church
Position Title: Worship Leader
Reports To: Senior Pastor
General Summary: The Worship Leader (WL) is a part-time position (approximately 20-25 hours), providing pastoral (not necessarily ordained) leadership within the music worship ministry, responsible for designing, leading, and resourcing worship for DPC’s weekly
"contemporary" service and for a minimum of four special worship experiences annually. This is both a musical position and a pastoral one, serving both the band as their leader, but also serving as a shepherd for the congregation.
Essential Job Functions:
The WL is responsible for carrying out the following functions in alignment with DPC's mission and vision. Dundee Presbyterian Church belongs to the PCUSA and has committed to the Fellowship Community in core beliefs.
Plan in advance, and lead weekly worship sets, so that they (a) integrate with each week’s sermon and (b) facilitate authentic and growing experiences of congregational worship:
• Discover and develop the congregation’s worship language, select music, design musical and spoken transitions, coordinate theme and time requirements with pastors, transpose songs into appropriate keys, introduce and teach new songs, and balance congregational
singing and listening. Must be pastorally relational with the congregation, coordinating with the Senior Pastor.
Qualifications, Skills, Abilities:
• Demonstrate a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him. Must have a passion for celebrating and sharing their faith in Jesus through vibrant worship.
• Proven ability to lead a team of vocal and instrumental musicians in a positive experience of leading worship, seeking growth musically and spiritually.
• Knowledgeable of contemporary music trends and ability to discern applicability of trends to differing worship contexts.
• Able to empower others to worship in and through music and prayer. Capable of moving the congregation through music, scripture, and the spoken word as they worship.
• Must have a passion for working with people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to help them grow in their relationship with God.
• Must have a record of success in building and empowering musical teams.
• Must display strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to foster teamwork in a positive atmosphere with both staff and volunteers.
• Must be well organized, with solid administration and communication skills, and computer proficiency, as well as A/V familiarity and basic skills.
• Must display a high level of positive energy, creativity, and the capacity to learn and grow. Must be a self-starter.
• Must provide leadership in preparing the worship space for practices, services and removal of equipment pending other service needs, with assistance from A/V and other staff.
Lead the Praise Team
• Must articulate a vision for the team, incorporating all members as participants of the Team, and serving them with a heart that leads spiritually and relationally.
• Recruit musicians and vocalists, integrate new members, build a strong sense of team, empower healthy communication, arrange for and lead appropriate number of practices, and teach and arrange new songs.
• Provide for ongoing training and development. Developing additional teams should the need arise would be a long term goal.
• Lead the team so that each participant grows in their experience and ministries of care, fellowship, discipleship, and mission.
Provide administrative support:
• Manage online music accounts, provide recorded and printed music to team members in advance, communicate worship design to the Senior Pastor, Director of Music, and the Marketing and Communication staff, provide weekly written sound cues to A/V Team, work
with the Director of Music to help prepare and manage budget (examples – music purchases, equipment, conferences, special music).