Title of Position:
Director of Women’s Ministry
Function of the Position:
This position is responsible for the overall leadership of Pathway Women’s Ministry, including the casting of a compelling vision, training and equipping of volunteer staff, and creating an environment where women can grow in their knowledge and love of
God. This individual will be an essential part of the staff team and will play a vital role in the accomplishment of the church’s vision to women within the church and community.
- Education: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and three years experience in overseeing a women’s ministry in a church. Commitment to continuing training and education.
- Personal: A call to women’s ministry and a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a high level of professionalism. A person of irreproachable character.
- Leadership: Able to set a compelling vision for the women’s ministry based on our purposes as a church, and lead others effectively in the accomplishment of that vision.
- Management: Demonstrated ability to recruit, equip and lead ministry volunteers.
- Team-Oriented: Team player who is able to work cooperatively with the staff team and in conjunction with the overall church vision.
- Theological: Doctrinal unity with the statement of faith of Pathway Church.
- Women’s Leadership Team
- Women’s Ministry Volunteers
- Provide vision, leadership and oversight for the women’s ministry.
- Develop teams to assist with the tasks of operating an active women’s ministry program.
- Recruit and provide ongoing training and development for leaders and workers within the women’s ministry.
- Give oversight, direction and leadership to the women’s Bible studies.
- Provide innovation to existing ministries and in the development of new ministries within the women’s ministry.
- Offer special events for women with a focus on outreach including retreats and other activities.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the MOPS leadership team.
- Offer pastoral care to women in conjunction with other ministry staff.
- Oversee the selection of all teaching materials and provide training in the use of them.
- Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of programs and events, making changes as necessary.
- Actively pursue continuing training and education to stay current with women’s ministry methods, materials and strategy.