Job Title: Youth Ministry Worship Leader
Department: Creative Team
Reports to: Worship Director / Student Min Pastor
The youth ministry worship leader will report to and work closely with the Student Ministries Pastor in cultivating Worship services and Worship teams that help lead our students in Worship.
Essential Job Functions
- Be committed to a daily and growing relationship with Jesus.
- Have a love and passion for ministering to students.
- Leading Worship weekly for IMPACT youth meetings on Tuesday Nights.
- Leading and building Jr. High Worship team on the weekend services. Saturday 6 pm and Sundays 10, 1130 am.
- Meet and plan with the Student Ministries Pastor weekly.
- Be a team member who functions as a multiplier and equipper.
- Facilitate and lead team meetings once a month that grow students musical proficiency and disciple them further on the spiritual aspects of leading worship.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Have the ability to inspire people, impart vision, and keep a group motivated.
- Be able to recruit and develop volunteer worship leaders and musicians (working yourself out of a job on some weeks).
- Be able to incorporate various musical styles appropriately (we are intentionally progressive – i.e.: looking to elevation, and hillsong young and free).
- Have proficiency in worship planning resources and digital management systems (e.g. Planning Center and Pro-Presenter).
- Have vision and ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a worship program.
- Have a system to investigate modern worship music and keep a fresh rotation of songs.
- Have a strong technical understanding and experience with audio and video equipment/systems.
- Be able to operate well in a team environment, often working cross-functionally with other ministry teams.
- At least three years of worship leading experience preferred.
- Have vocal and instrumental proficiency in a contemporary/modern music setting (preferably guitar).
- Be a person of Christ-like and consistent character.
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for the vision, values, and culture of Shelter Cove Community Church.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, use hands for computer entry and writing, use hands and arms to reach. Employee is frequently required to walk. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Regular travel required using an automobile for departmental/church ministry purposes. Occasional air travel required to facilitate ministerial training &
church business. Has the ability to function effectively in high stress and emotional situations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.