Horizons Church is seeking a Facility Assistant Technician(35 hours per week).
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Inspect building and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair, making notes and recommendations using a pre-established check sheet.
- Perform maintenance, repairs and cleaning of grounds and facilities as necessary.
- Coordinate and schedule contracted maintenance and inspections.
- Janitorial services, including, but not limited to: cleaning restroom fixtures, floors, carpets, windows, and other surfaces; mopping; stocking restrooms and other areas; vacuuming; dusting; trash removal to dumpster on site. Most surfaces are reachable
from floor or ladder.
- Work directly with staff to coordinate set-up & tear-down of portable chairs & tables in large quantities for services, events and functions.
- Contact applicable outside vendors to facilitate repairs, ensuring competitive and fair pricing.
- Review all outside vendor invoices.
- Occasional property maintenance, including sidewalk snow removal/treatment, cleaning and upkeep of walks, stripping parking spaces, and maintenance of outdoor lighting.
- Order parts and maintain required documents.
- Oversee all systems in the building and all building maintenance contracts.
- Responsible for ensuring that church passes the annual fire marshal inspection.
- Oversee and lead a volunteer team to assist with some of these duties.
- Serve as primary contact to both staff and outside vendors on all matters pertaining to the facility.
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs over short distances.
- Comfortable working on aerial platforms at heights up to 35’.
- Comfortable working on roof that is flat or slightly pitched.
- Proficient with common hand tools and power tools.
- Must be trustworthy, honest, dependable, self-motivated, hard-working, energetic, and a great team-player. A background check is required. Trade skills/experience such as carpentry, HVAC, and/or plumbing are a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of regulations, procedures, personnel management, problem solving, decision making and project management.
- Work schedule will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Shifts during normal business hours.
- On duty for some or all of Sunday morning services.
- On duty for other church events (evenings or weekends).
- May also require specific attendance of other church services and events, or work hours at other specific times. Must be reachable via mobile phone.
$20/hour. At this time, the Church is unable to offer additional benefits.
Please submit your resume to Rich Pennington, Lead Pastor, email@example.com.