The position includes two (2) distinct areas of pastoral leadership. First, responsible for leading students (grades 6-12) and the Student Ministry Team. Second, as Assistant Pastor in support of the Lead Pastor.
Candidate must be a high-energy, Spirit-led individual who is passionate about ministry. Candidate must have a strong gospel orientation and understand the importance of preaching truth in love. Candidate should be technically-minded, leadership-focused
and looking to work in a team environment.
Duties & Responsibilities as Student Pastor:
- Passionate vision/calling to minister to students in an atmosphere of community, including reaching the un-churched and ministering to students within the context of a healthy family (engaging and recognizing the primary role of parents in the student’s
- Passion for student ministry within a small groups context.
- Skilled at recruiting and training adults to assist in reaching and discipling students.
- Equip the students by teaching from a Biblical context in an engaging, creative and relevant manner.
- Plan and coordinate student activities to include fun events, ministry events, and family-integrated events.
- Plan and coordinate student outreach and mission trips.
- Develop and maintain web/media content for student ministry.
- Able to minister to Middle School and High School students on both individual and group levels.
Duties & Responsibilities as Assistant Pastor:
- Able to deliver the truth of God’s word through a gospel-focused, theologically pure and practically relevant message.
- Serve as Campus Pastor on Sunday mornings and at other activities.
- Participate in other duties as part of pastoral team.
Education & Experience:
- Bible college or Seminary Graduate
- Minimum of 2 years experience
- Teaching Gift
- Leadership/Administrative Gift
- Heart of a pastor
- Inspirational leader
- Tenacious and resourceful doer
- Champion of Horizons’ style of ministry
- Excellent communicator, both orally and written
- Strong detail and task focus
- Understands team ministry concept
Pay Scale: 60k
Status of Horizons Church:
The church was planted in February of 1995. Today, Horizons Church is a church of over 600 attendees, and we continue to grow. We exist to empower people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. For more information, please visit the church website (horizonschurch.com/about).
If you are interested in applying for the position, please do the following:
- Submit a COVER LETTER, RESUME, and TEACHING SAMPLE to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter should not be more than one page. Include who your favorite pastors to listen to are.
- Please submit one sample of a sermon delivered to students AND a sample of you preaching to adults.
- Samples submitted must be in a digital format (i.e. links to videos, clips, YouTube postings, podcasts, etc.).
Rich Pennington, Lead Pastor