South Mountain Community Church is a multi-site, non-denominational church, in the middle of the most unreached demographic in the nation. Utah is simultaneously the most religious and the least Christian state in the U.S. Less than 2% of the population
knows the Gospel. After launching 18 years ago, we have baptized over 1,000 people. In the past three years alone, we have grown from 3 to 6 six campuses, reaching an attendance of over 3,000.
We are located in one of the fastest growing areas in the United States. A suburb of Salt Lake City, it is a great blend of being close to the city but not feeling like you are in the city. The area is family friendly and provides plenty of things to do.
Not to mention that Wasatch Front provides one of the most beautiful sights in the country.
SMCC is looking for a leader to serve alongside the team at the Draper Campus. This position requires a Pastor who is highly relational, possesses high emotional intelligence and likeability. Strength Finder describes this person as having the "woo factor."
If you can teach that's a bonus and there will be some opportunities to do so. SMCC is looking for a Pastor who desires to be in the trenches on Sunday morning serving as a recruiting and connecting machine. It's also important for this Pastor's family to
be "all in" when it comes to ministry, regularly connecting with families outside Sunday morning services.
If your family is ready to embrace one of the least churched areas in the United States please prayerfully consider joining the SMCC team. Below you'll find a job description that provides a snapshot of what this position requires. Please
email Campus Pastor, Rick Henderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to express your interest in this position. Thanks for your time!
SOUTH MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY CHURCH (SMCC)
POSITION: Next Steps Pastor (NSP)
LOCATION: Draper Campus (DRC)
REPORTS TO: Draper Campus Pastor
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time
PAY: Negotiated Per Experience & Qualifications
BENEFITS: Health, Retirement & Paid Time Off
TOOLS FOR SUCCESS: Cell Phone Stipend, Personal Expense Account & Personal Computer
Modeling Full Devotion & Full Delight: At SMCC we hold firmly to the belief that you cannot lead someone somewhere you are not willing to go yourself. The NSP will be responsible for upholding biblical priorities and core values of SMCC.
The NSP should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ evidenced by how well the candidate loves others. The NSP models a strong relationship with his or her spouse (if married) and children (if applicable). The NSP fulfills his or her purpose
in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships and actions.
These objectives are accomplished by:
- Regular practice of spiritual disciplines.
- Participating in an SMCC small group on a regular basis.
- Setting appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity.
- Developing meaningful relationships with those within and outside the church.
- Supporting the ministries of SMCC by faithfully giving at least 10% of gross income.
- Adhering to and encompassing the qualities and characteristics required of SMCC employees, as defined by the Staff Handbook.
Purpose: The role of the Next Steps Pastor (NSP) is to oversee the connection and spiritual growth strategy of SMCC Draper under the direction and leadership of the Campus Pastor. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values and
strategy of SMCC and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision and values. The NSP will lead attenders to a genuine sense of belonging, involvement and spiritual growth at SMCC Draper by meeting people where they are and
leading them towards their next step. The NSP will facilitate relational connection and spiritual growth of adults through weekend services, groups, volunteer teams, and assimilation of new members.
These objectives are accomplished by:
- Recruiting, training and motivating volunteers.
- Constructing practical onramps (groups, classes, events, trainings) to help people move from attending to belonging and growing.
- Creating and continuously improving processes to ensure that new attenders are plugged in to community at SMCC Draper.
- Regularly connecting with new families outside of Sunday morning services.
- Communicating clear vision and wins for volunteer teams on a regular basis.
- Ensuring that kiosks, booths, signage and key areas are clear, current, and focused on new attenders.
- Measure next steps being taken.
Those that thrive at SMCC are:
- Comfortable with hard conversations.
- Able to manage their emotions well.
- Growth minded.
- Efficient and effective workers.