Primary responsibilities/ tasks include development, planning publicity, oversite of education programs and activities focused on children from birth to 5th grade and recruitment of teachers and staff to ensure the success of this ministry.
1. Lead the Children's Ministry team in creating, developing, implementing, and maintaining an ongoing ministry for children birth - 5th grade that involves worship, discipleship, community, and missions.
2. Recruit, equip and support lay leaders for all aspects of Children's Ministry.
3. Provide leadership in the development and management of the Children's Ministry budgets.
4. Maintain consistant and regular communication with parents of children about all aspects of Children's Ministry.
5. Create and maintain a Children's Ministry calendar of events and activities.
6. Work alongside the Minister of music to facilitate and support worship arts involvement for all Children.
7. Oversee the scheduling and maintaining of Sunday morning extended care.
8. Coordinate the recruiting and scheduling of paid child care workers on Sunday's and Wednesdays, work with other pastoral staff to provide childcare for other events on an as needed basis.
9.Provide pastoral care to Children and their families, including hospital visitation when appropriate.
10. Develop ways in which Children's Ministry can connect with Children and their families.
11. Review, develop, and enforce policies and procedures pertinent to Children's Ministry and safety.
12. Appoint and work with AWANA commander, VBS director/leadership.
13. Work with student minister in promoting/ transitioning 6th graders into youth ministry.
14. Ensure all safeguarding and child protection policies are in place and followed.
15. Partner with the associate/assimilation pastor in any outreach that involves children and their families both at FBCU and in the community.
16. Create and maintain a fun,safe, clean and appropriate ministry enviroment for all ministry activities and events involving Children.
17. Serve as an advocate for Children's Ministry before staff and volunteers.
18. Monitor the coordination and need of equipment and facilities related to any Children's Ministry needs.