Park Hill Baptist Church is actively engaged in regular outreach ministries, special events, small groups/bible studies, and corporate worship services. The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for creating, organizing, planning, implementing,
and measuring effective communication/media messages and strategies to the church body, community audiences and staff. This role will also be responsible for all content, as well as the look and feel of our web presence. We believe that this position plays
an integral role in Park Hill being able to effectively move forward into all that God has for us.
Reports to: Executive Pastor
General Responsibilities and duties:
- Work in conjunction with the Leadership Team and ministry leaders in the development of event plans and communication roll-outs.
- Develop and manage a master communications plan for the church, including a communications calendar.
- Develop a communications strategy for the church and each of its ministries to clearly message the vision of the church to the body and to the public at large.
- Develop guidelines for internal and external communications by the church and ministries.
- Deliver excellence in timeliness and accuracy of all print and electronic collaterals.
- Manage and prepare all regular church-wide communications, printed and electronic.
- Develop and cultivate positive public relations within the church body and the community.
- Develop and lead a team of communication volunteers.
- Develop and execute branding guidelines and materials to assist ministry leaders in the production and execution of communication materials that are aligned with the mission, vision and brand.
- Attending and participating in staff meetings, weekly devotions, and team prayer.
- Attend a minimum of one weekly worship service.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Graphic Design Skills, Layout Skills, Customer Focus, Creativity, Flexibility, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Desktop Publishing Tools, ability to Handle Rejection
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Must be born again and living a life that demonstrates a commitment to the Word of God and committed to serving and supporting the vision and mission of the Park Hill Baptist Church.
- Must regularly attend and participate in services at Park Hill Baptist Church.
- Brand or communication management knowledge.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience; church ministry experience desired but not required.
- Ability to creatively communicate existing church-wide and ministry programs to engage the target audience
- Bachelor's degree required; communications and/or graphic design.
- Demonstrated experience in managing people and projects with high-quality relational outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to listen, discern, facilitate discussions, "see the big picture", and build consensus.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office programs, the major social media mediums and knowledge of website development. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and proficient with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Premier.
- Ability to be extremely flexible in an environment that is very active and subject to many last minute changes.
- Ability to maintain a positive outlook and spirit of teamwork even in the midst of time sensitive projects.
- Demonstrated creative, organizational, multi-tasking, detail-oriented, accuracy, follow-through, and project management skills.
Key Results Areas
- Communication Plan and strategy provided to and approved by Church leadership
- Guidelines for internal/external communications provided to all staff
- Social media and website fresh and engaging
- Creative delivery of content to target audiences
No relocation help provided
Please send your resume, cover letter and three references via email to
email@example.com with subject line of - Interest in Communications Coordinator.
You will not be contacted unless there is an interest on the churches part to move forward in the process. Please do not contact the church to see where we are in the hiring process.