Christ Temple Christian Life Center
Music Ministry Director
Principle function: The Music Ministry Director is responsible for organizing, training, implementing, and leading all of the components of Christ Temple Christin Life Center’s music and worship team and experience.
SPIRITUAL AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS :
- Baptized in The Name of Jesus
- Filled with the Holy Ghost
- An authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, and continuously growing in your Christian faith
- A strong personal Prayer and Biblical foundation
- Positive, uplifting attitude
- Must work well with people, and have a good sense of humor
- Must have a heart for God’s people
- Able to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- A broad musical background in the Gospel/Christian genre (spirituals, hymnals, anthems, contemporary, traditional)
- Demonstrated musical proficiencies and competence; with skill in playing organ and keyboard
- Commitment to the pastor, as well as the church's vision, leadership and membership
- A history of Dependability, Accountability, Creativity, and Self-motivation
- A proven history of leadership and administrative excellence
- Direct the organization and implementation of a comprehensive church music program including choir, vocal and/or instrumental ensembles, concerts, theatrical presentations, and all components that enhance the ambience of worship
- Assist the pastor in planning services, and ceremonies of the church and be responsible for selecting the appropriate music and ensure worship is thematically designed.
- Serve as a leader in the worship services, giving direction to the congregational singing, choir, praise team, band, and all phases of the worship experience.
- Lead worship and train others as individual and team worship leaders
- Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise and shepherd music team leaders and musicians, developing as many volunteer band members as possible.
- Supervise the work of paid music staff workers and volunteers. Conduct regular staff meetings for the purpose of evaluation and planning.
- Serve as member of the Church Council or church leadership team. Coordinate the music program with the organizational calendar.
- Lead in maintaining a church programing committee, team, or council. Seek input from members in matters such as goal setting, evaluation, leadership, personnel policies for paid staff, facilities, finance, and administrative procedures.
- Serve on, and work with, church committees as assigned.
- Plan, organize, and promote concerts, choir tours, mission trips, retreats, festivals, workshops, clinics, and other special programs to enhance the music ministry.
- Assist other church staff members in church-wide events when needed.
- Assist in the selection and provision of appropriate music for weddings, funerals, special projects, conferences, conventions, and other church-related activities.
- Visit hospitals and assist in pastoral care when called upon.
- Direct music for outreach events in the community as appropriate.
- Keep informed on current music methods, materials, promotional ideas, and administrative techniques.
- Maintain a consistent program of self-improvement.
- Develop multiple choirs (Youth, Children’s, etc.)
- Oversee maintenance of the music library, materials, supplies, musical instruments, and other equipment useful in the music ministry.
- Protect the reputation and integrity of Christ Temple
- Coordinate all technical aspects of the worship services, including supervision of sound, lighting, media technicians, ensure that all media is ready for use. To provide for proper and routine maintenance and repair and help oversee the stage and set design.
- Develop an annual ministry plan with specific measurable goals and strategies to achieve them.
- Candidate should be musically diverse, leadership-focused, technically-minded, relationally-driven and team-oriented. This role calls for an individual who is able to communicate a vision in such a way that it inspires others to join in that pursuit.
- General understanding of music theory and the ability to teach music theory, read and write music is a plus
- Vocally strong with the knowledge and skill to coach other vocalists, including arranging and execution of vocal parts
- Experience with AVL systems (audio, video, lighting, slides, platform design, live streaming, etc…)
- This is a salaried position (based on qualifications), with health care, dental & vision, life insurance benefits, and 401K option.
- The Music Ministry Director is required to work a minimum of 40 hours per week. (Hourly Breakdown: Administrative office 25 hours per week; Rehearsals 6 hours per week; Actual Service Ministry 9 hours per week). Comp time may be earned for extra hours worked.