To create and lead a ministry that gives young children (0-5 years old) an opportunity to learn about Jesus and His great love for them in a fun and safe environment. The Early Childhood (EC) Pastor will accomplish this by building strong volunteer teams,
providing excellence in programming and resources, and regularly engaging in positive communications with parents.
Children’s Pastor; NextGen Pastor; Church Leadership Team
Lakeside Village (satellite campus) Early Childhood Director, Nursery team, Preschool team, paid event childcare workers, & Children’s Ministry interns.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- I. Support the overall vision and values of Victory Church implementing them into all areas of the EC Ministry.
- II. Oversee and execute the direction and vision of the EC Ministry within the vision and mission of Victory Church.
- III. Communicate at a highly engaging level to EC children on a weekly basis through each church service and VCA preschool chapel.
- IV. Compile and acquire all items needed for Sunday and Wednesday teachers and services/chapels.
- V. Recruit, train, schedule and supervise volunteers and leaders serving in all areas of EC Ministry services and events (100+ volunteers).
- VI. Develop and maintain a healthy communication stream between leaders, parents, and the ministry.
- VII. Ensure that safety is a top priority with facilities, toys, resources and volunteers trained and background checked in all EC areas.
- VIII. Coordinate and ensure adequate childcare for all church events as needed.
- IX. Oversee and evaluate the EC budget needs, spending and execution.
- X. Teach and assist in weekly VCA Preschool Chapel.
- XI. Oversee and handle all paperwork and setup of Baby Dedications.
- XII. Serve in a creative planning capacity with the Children’s Ministry leadership team.
- XIII. Be a contributing team member of the NextGen ministry.
- XIV. Create a strong culture of giving, including BGMC fundraising, etc. among children, leaders and parents.
- XV. Fulfill pastoral duties and expectations set by Executive and Senior Pastor.
- I. Senior & Executive Pastor: will serve the Senior and Executive Pastor as a part of the Victory Leadership Team. The Senior and Executive Pastors drive the mission for the entire community at Victory Church.
This relationship is for the accountability to the mission and standards of Victory Church.
- II. Children’s Pastor: directly accountable to the
Children’s Pastor in all matters relating to the performance of his/her work, will be in contact by email, phone, or meeting on a weekly basis with the Children’s Pastor, and when possible, will be included in events with other staff members
- III. Other Team Members (incl. NextGen Ministries): will cooperate and work as a team player with other staff, will seek to compliment and build other staff areas, accepting differences, praising strengths and
appreciating overlapping skills.
- IV. Other Ministry Leaders & Volunteers: will work with all other ministry leaders in a spirit of friendliness and helpfulness. Will communicate in an appropriate manner to facilitate cooperative efforts in
expanding the kingdom.
- V. Other Relationships: will be free to form relationships within the church family, but will guard against exclusiveness in relationships, seeking to cultivate an openness within the church family as a whole.