The Worship Arts Pastor position creates opportunities and environments for City Church attendees to worship God together in spirit and truth. It is essential that this person embodies a “prepared” passion for team led worship and exemplifies
a commitment to the concept of a healthy local church.
Reports to: Operations Pastor – Direct; Lead Pastor and the City Church Board - Indirect
Full time: Dual Portfolio (Worship Team Pastor and Creative Arts Pastor)
Position Core Values:
- The Worship Arts Pastor must be Spirit-filled, team oriented, relational, biblical, missional (community outreach minded), culturally relevant, self-motivated and professional.
- Exhibit a personal character that is above reproach in areas of spiritual, moral, ethical and financial standards and in marriage/family relationships.
- Leads authentic worship experiences with a focus on worship and quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an integral part of the Pastoral Lead Team.
- Lead team(s) for Sunday morning worship and other church activities upon request.
- Recruit, develop and equip volunteers to serve on worship teams. Includes: Sunday Morning Worship Team, Creative Arts Team and assisting the Youth and Children’s Worship Teams, etc..
- Schedule worship and creative arts teams for Sunday mornings and special events, host weekly rehearsals and hold auditions as needed.
- Work with Lead Pastor to enhance worship services through worship, prayer, the arts etc..
- Participate in pastoral functions outside of these areas as decided upon with the pastoral team and determined by personal passions and giftings.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required / Master’s degree preferred.
- Extensive experience pastoring and leading teams of worship and creative arts within a church adherence of 300-600 is required.
- Musical proficiency necessary to lead a team of skilled musicians. (Please provide resources)
- Progressive/forward thinking/visionary/self-motivated
- Ability to lead, interact and influence a diverse array of cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate, lead and release people into ministry.
- Ability to self-evaluate, willingly embrace and implement the team’s initiatives and positively respond to constructive feedback.
- Must be highly relational, consistently engaged in groups, serving and tithing.
- Familiarity with image magnification, audio mixing and video production.
- Possess strong written, technical, oratory and creative skills