Position Title: Worship Arts Pastor (Full-Time)
City Church Bio: City Church is located in the vibrant community of Charlottesville, Virginia. We are a relationally driven, Sprit-led and biblically based church encouraging others to follow Jesus and serve others.
Position Summary: The Worship Arts Pastor position creates authentic environments for City Church attendees to worship God together in spirit and truth. It is essential that this person embodies a passion for team led worship
and exemplifies a commitment to the concept of a healthy local church.
Position Core Values:
- Be Spirit-filled, culturally relevant, relationally driven and “outreach minded”.
- Exhibit a personal character that is above reproach in areas of spiritual, moral, ethical and financial standards and in marriage/family relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an integral part of the Pastoral Team
- Lead team(s) for Sunday morning worship and other church activities upon request
- Recruit, develop and equip volunteers to serve on worship teams and creative arts team
- Schedule worship and creative arts teams for Sunday mornings and special events, host weekly rehearsals and hold auditions as needed
- Work with Lead Pastor to enhance worship services through worship, prayer, technology, etc…
- Participate in pastoral functions outside of these areas as decided upon with the pastoral team and determined by personal passions and giftings
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Specific calling into worship ministry
- Proven leadership qualities
- Experience in leading teams in a church body of 500+ is highly preferred.
- Musical proficiency necessary to lead a team of skilled musicians
- Forward thinking and self-motivated
- Ability to lead, interact and influence a diverse array of cultural and educational backgrounds
- Ability to self-evaluate, willingly embrace and implement the team’s initiatives and positively respond to constructive feedback
- Must be highly relational, consistently engaged in groups and serving
- Familiarity with image magnification, audio mixing and video production
- Possess strong technical and creative skills