We are filling the Senior Pastor vacancy at Woodcrest Chapel in Columbia, Mo.
We are looking for an outstanding Communicator, Leader, and Visionary. This person will relevantly communicate and teach the Word of God, lead the development of ministries, provide pastoral care, and oversee administrative functions.
An advanced educational degree and prior experience in a medium to large sized church is needed. Must be an excellent teacher, an excellent communicator, and have strong leadership skills.
1. Attend to their personal relationship with Jesus including observing a Sabbath day of rest.
2. Seek God’s will for direction and wisdom to lead Woodcrest.
3. Teach/Preach in a non-assumptive weekend environment, in a manner that is both creative, and relevant to our target audience.
4. Lead and inspire the staff and congregation according to God’s direction.
5. Collaborate with the Creative Arts team to produce the weekend service.
6. Attend to his/her personal spiritual and emotional health and development.
7. Be involved in community affairs such as Chamber of Commerce or other appropriate avenues
Woodcrest is passionate about our mission: REACH: Help people find a relationship with God.
TEACH: Help people apply God’s truth daily. SEND: Empower people to fulfill God’s purposes. We seek to reach and serve those who find church and God irrelevant, and help them find a life-giving relationship with Jesus. Our
weekend service is non-assumptive and our hope is to reach the person who is skeptical, frustrated, and spiritually curious. We think we have the capacity and calling to reach 10% of this group in the Central Missouri area. Our weekend teaching method is ‘life
to truth’ making the scriptures relevant and applicable to our daily lives.
Our mid-week services offer a variety of discipleship opportunities to help people know God, grow spiritually, and go back into their world and make a difference in His name. We value emotional health as a necessary step to becoming spiritually healthy.
Woodcrest currently has two locations; the main campus is in Columbia, home of the University of Missouri, and a satellite congregation in Jefferson City, the state capitol.