Interested in joining a changing and growing church? PEFC is looking for the next Worship Arts Director that will help lead and cultivate a vibrant ministry primarily through music. We believe that worship ministry is an essential part of the believer's
everyday growth and trust in Jesus and a great way to speak to the hearts of those who are far from Jesus. Worship is like a language and we feel called to use it to God's glory both in the church and outside of it.
If you are interested in hearing more about this position or applying please email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Role Summary: The primary function of the Director of Worship Arts is to provide vision, equipping, and oversight to the worship arts ministries. Ultimately this role is to help carry out Princeton Evangelical Church’s mission of “growing
together in Christ.”
Mission: To help facilitate an environment of worship, primarily through music, for weekly and special services to the glory of God. (Psalm 150)
- Must meet the qualifications of a deacon/deaconess as stated in 1 Timothy 3:8-13.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent ministry experience/training preferred.
- Model a life of continual learning, growth, repentance, and being a faithful follower of Christ by the grace of God.
- Must be in agreement with the EFCA Statement of Faith and the PEFC Constitution and By-Laws.
Required Competencies and Skills
- Financial Oversight
- Develop and manage the Worship Arts Ministry budget and expenses in conjunction with the Worship Arts Council and Elders.
- Organizational Oversight
- Guide and direct the Worship Teams, Tech Teams, and the Worship Arts Council through regular times of communication, practice, and or meetings.
- Manage volunteers, weekly events, and special events.
- Prioritize immediate ministry needs.
Leadership & Vision Casting
- Bring direction, clarity, and focus to PEFC Worship Arts Ministry.
- Ability to communicate and provide direction to all who are involved the worship service, including pastors, musicians, vocalists, drama teams, guest speakers, staging and decorating teams, ushers, chair teams, and those who oversee sound and technical
- Facilitate Worship Council Meetings alongside the Worship Council Chair.
- Conduct regular evaluations of leadership team, council, and ministry programming.
- Provide an up front role as a leader among leaders for the Worship Arts Ministry and the worship service.
- Attend all required staff and ministry team meetings.
- Support, equip, and encourage volunteers through personal contact, trainings, and special events.
- Building up of cohesive volunteer teams who are committed followers of Jesus through leading by example, teaching, discipleship, and accountability.
- Follow-up on inquiries about PEFC Worship Arts Ministry.
- Report ministry successes and challenges to the Worship Council, Staff, and Church Body as necessary.
- Ability to navigate criticism, differing opinions, and conflict resolution.
- Full-Time: Total compensation based on education and experience.
- This position reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
- Regular office hours are required.
- P.T.O. as described in the PEFC Employee Handbook.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume, and a sample of your worship leading ability to email@example.com