TITLE: DOWNTOWN CAMPUS PASTOR
POSITION TYPE: FULL TIME – Pastor
COMPENSATION: Salary & FT Benefits
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor
APPLICANTS WILL ONLY RECEIVE RESPONSES IF AN INTERVIEW IS DESIRED. WE ARE GRATEFUL FOR ALL APPLICANTS.
LifeAustin is a rapidly growing church in Austin, Texas. With a beautiful main-campus, incredible facilities, and a high-capacity team, we are building a regional multisite church that will both attract people, and help transform lives.
The Downtown Campus Pastor is the “face” of LifeAustin at the Downtown location. He is a high capacity leader who builds teams to ensure the success of the campus. Success is defined as a growing campus fulfilling the mission, vision & values of LifeAustin.
The Downtown Campus Pastor should have significant life and ministry experience. Preferably 5 years of full-time ministry experience or the equivalent of work experience in a management or leadership role with a track record of success. Ability to exegete
and function within the diverse culture of downtown Austin, along with the emotional intelligence required to preach and demonstrate the gospel across a wide range of demographies will be key to the successful candidate.
The ROLE: A Campus Pastor is a…
- Disciple-Maker - Champions and executes the disciple-making system of LifeAustin that seeks to engage all generations in
Awakening spiritually, Connecting in authentic relationships, and
Serving LifeAustin and the world beyond.
- Catalytic Leader - Able to influence, inspire and lead people to fulfill the mission of LifeAustin.
- Carrier of the DNA - When you cut them, they bleed the mission, vision and values of LifeAustin.
- Team Builder - Can build teams and identify high capacity leaders who build more teams.
- Relational Leader - Loves people. Extroverted. Friendly and approachable.
- Quality Manager - Always looks for ways to improve; sensitive to things out of alignment and is committed to excellence in all aspects of campus life.
- Communicator - Serves as the primary worship experience emcee, greeter, next-steps champion, and vision-caster for the campus. Preaching assignments are based upon occasional opportunities, as well as giftedness and the continual development
of those skills.
- Pastor/Shepherd - Has a heart for the people, leaders, and staff. Genuinely cares for the congregation while continually working to strengthen the systems of care through the development of other leaders.
- Reproducer - Ensures that at every level discipleship and reproduction is being accomplished. Reproducing staff, leaders, lifegroups, volunteers, and disciples of Christ.
- Gospel-Mission-Focused - Has a true passion for the spiritually lost and unchurched of our city, region and world.
The PERSON: A LifeAustin Campus Pastor is a…
- Learner - Can take direction and feedback well and has a great desire to learn.
- Seasoned LifeAustin’er - Knows LifeAustin. Loves LifeAustin. No question on understanding mission, method or philosophy.
- Spiritual Leader at Home - No question about his commitment to faithfully love Christ in the context of his marriage and family.
- Conflict Resolver - not Creator - Is unafraid to tackle interpersonal conflicts, ministry misalignment, or issues of sin in a biblical, loving and truthfully corrective way.
- Person of Integrity - At the core, truly loves Jesus, is continually growing in wisdom and understanding of His Word, and making solid decisions based on those truths.
- Self-Aware Individual - Knows where he is weak. Has a teachable spirit.
- Disciple - A fully devoted follower of Jesus who exists to glorify God by loving all people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
The JOB: A Campus Pastor…
- Pastors the People - As an extension and representative of our Lead Pastor and Pastoral Leadership Team; shepherd, lead, and care for the people of the campus. While some of this is done personally, it is primarily accomplished by the continual
strengthening of the systems of care through staff, local elders, lifegroups and dream teams.
- Next Steps Champion - Alongside the staff and ministry leaders - the Campus Pastor ensures that the “next steps” system is being accomplished. Every person who is making a “next step” decision is being contacted, celebrated, connected to
the life of LifeAustin, and walked through the LifeTrack process.
- Builds a Team Culture - Identify, equip, empower, encourage, and oversee staff and volunteers to do the ministry of the church. Work closely with worship team, weekend experience teams (production, set up/tear down), connections, lifegroups,
and other ministries to ensure their support and success.
- Communicates - Keeps LP/XP aware of successes and struggles taking place at the campus level by proactively and weekly sharing stories and reports.
- Connects with LAC - Attends the Pastors and Staff Mtgs at LifeAustin as scheduled; Meets with leaders and members of the Connections Team individually or as a group, as requested.
- Reaching the Community - Represent LifeAustin within the campus community. Champions and creates opportunities to impact and support local ministry partners. Build bridges into community life for the purpose of loving the city into a growing
relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Implements & Executes - The Campus Pastor (CP) is responsible for implementing and executing the overall vision and ministry strategy of LifeAustin.
- Follows - A Leader, YES! But also a follower who will do everything possible to execute the vision given by their Lead Pastor, Exec. Pastor, and the Connections Team at LifeAustin.
- Strategy – This TRANSFORMATION strategy will serve as the foundation for spiritual growth and discipleship:
1) Awaken Spiritually through worshipping God. We live that out daily in our full devotion to Christ, and as we gather weekly for weekend worship experiences.
2) Connect in Authentic Relationships through Life Groups and Dream Teams. We encourage people to not just experience church services (seating in rows), but also build into relationships (circles) that are mutually beneficial for friendship,
accountability, and communion.
3) Serve – LifeAustin and Beyond through facilitating ministry in the church, and through missional outreach. We desire to reach people who are far from Christ and to love them into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. This means
intentionally investing in our local communities, starting new campuses, birthing new churches, and sending out missionaries around the world.
The WIN: Campus Success is defined by…
- Next Steps - People are taking their next steps of faith: First time decisions to follow Christ, LifeTrack Membership Class for students and adults, Biblical Baptism, LifeGroup, Dream Team, Generous Giving, Missional Impact.
- Making Disciples Through Reproducing Life Groups - More leaders have been trained and released to start new groups this year than in the previous year. More leaders are reproducing healthier groups.
- Passionate Alignment - We are One Church that meets in Multiple Locations. Every ministry of the church will operate under one leadership structure that ultimately comes under the authority of the Lead Pastor, Exec. Pastor, and Connections
Team. Leadership authority flows down through the Lead Pastor and influence/implementation/execution flows through XP and Campus Pastor & campus staff.
- Intentional Growth - Numerical growth is increasing and people are taking their next steps into becoming a disciple of Christ who makes disciples.
- Unpaid Staff Development - Both the ministry teams and dream teams are being led by passionate, capable, trained, aligned and celebrated leaders and dream-teamers. Dream-teamers love serving at LifeAustin and see it as a core aspect of
their discipleship. They are valued and celebrated.
- Financial Health - The campus is growing in generosity and contributions to the mission of LifeAustin. Revenue coming in is greater than expenses going out.
- Missional Outreach - Develop opportunities at-least quarterly for teams of people to connect with local strategic/ministry partners; as well as develop experiences so that through local outreach the Gospel can bring transformation to our
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop personal skills and capabilities through ongoing training (Self-Development).
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- As stated previously above, the Campus Pastor should have significant life and ministry experience. Preferably 5 years of full-time ministry experience or the equivalent of work experience in a management or leadership role with a track record of success.
- Attend and lead weekly activities for assigned Campus and any required follow up
- Maintain regular office hours within the requirements established by the Human Resources Department
- Availability to attend meetings (when necessary) outside of normal office hours
NOTE: This job description is meant to be general in nature. Specific duties may be required that are not mentioned. Teamwork is a core value of LifeAustin and it is important to continue in that spirit. As our Church and ministry grows, other
responsibilities may be required, adjusted, and/or added.
LIFEAUSTIN GUIDING PRINCIPLES
GRACE & TRUTH
We live and minister in the divine tension of a heart full of acceptance while holding firmly to a righteous standard. Being Christ-like.
"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14
We help others experience personal transformation through the Word (John 17:17), the Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:18) and daily living.
"And he said to all, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." Luke 9:23
We recognize, prefer and celebrate others as God's gift in our life. John 13:3-5, 1Corinthians 12:23
"Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor." Romans 12:10
We are open to and acknowledge our flawed brokenness as fellow sojourners in need of God and the community of faith. Matthew 5:3-6, Hebrews 10:24-25
"Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed." James 5:16
We do the hard work to make every aspect of the church exceptional. Colossians 3:17
"A faithful, sensible servant is one to whom the master can give the responsibility of managing his other household servants and feeding them. If the master returns and finds the the servant has done a good job, there will be a reward." Matthew 24:45-46
We think and act on the imaginative ideas of the Holy Spirit in all that we do - including the expression of art, dance, drama and music. Ephesians 2:10
"I have chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills - to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and
bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts." Exodus 31:2-5
We hold the gifts and treasures in our life as opportunities to be a blessing to others
"Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasures for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life." 1 Timothy