Technical Arts Director
Position Purpose: Direct the technical arts requirements of the weekend experience and special events; organize and manage the church’s audio, video, lighting, stage and multi-media needs; and supervise, train, and recruit team leaders and
volunteer team members to serve in the technical arts ministry for all worship services and other special events.
- Strong follower of Christ, applying and growing in Christian disciplines and leading his family well in these disciplines.
- A team builder with strong people and organizational skills.
- A team player who is flexible, understands and supports the vision of the church, and adheres to church policies and procedures.
- Strong work ethic, dependable, and reliable.
- Passionate about technical arts creativity and excellence that will impact lives for the Kingdom of Christ.
- Experience and expertise in live performance productions incorporating sound, lighting, video and computer graphics.
- Experience with video production equipment and software and in technical arts systems maintenance and use.
- A desire and ability to equip people for the work of ministry, and consistent in his/her own spiritual walk and relationships.
- Degree and/or equivalent experience in Technical Arts and Production.
- Systems knowledge with but not limited to: audio, lighting, video production and projection, IMAG, and stage design.
- Must be in alignment with the EFCA Statement of Faith and be willing to become an active member of Midland Free within the first 12-18 months of joining staff.
- Direct and oversee the technical arts requirements of the weekly worship service and special events.
- Directly supervise or serve as the Production Leader on Sunday morning services.
- Develop, train, recruit and lead technical arts teams that include sound, lights, video, computer graphics display, stage management, production and IMAG teams.
- Cast vision and minister to team members (leadership).
- Provide training for team members (equip).
- Coach and mentor team members (relationship).
- Recruit and assimilate team members (equip).
- Encourage spiritual growth among team members (discipleship).
- Participate in planning and programming weekend events.
- Manage technical systems through the church campus.
- File maintenance records with serial numbers.
- See to the repairs and/or replacement of faulty equipment.
- Inspect systems and identify areas for improvement.
- Plan for future technology advancements and needs.
- Define a strategic plan for maintenance and improvement of technical arts systems, and translate those needs into an annual budget. Maintain that budget per the policies of the church in collaboration with the Executive Pastor and Worship Arts Ministry
- Responsible for video editing needs of Midland Free ministries.
- Acts as the team leader for the Technical Arts co-op and manage his/her daily activities.
- Perform other staff duties as required by the Executive Pastor or Worship Arts Leadership Team.
- Manage classroom multi-media and coordinate usage with various church ministries.
- Oversee the integration of all technical systems on campus by coordinating with outside contractors for all technical work done on campus, ensuring systems are installed with safety in mind and installed systems operate within the goals of the church.
- Coordinate weekly meetings with Worship Arts Ministry Assistant and Communications Department for stage preparations and other technical needs.
- Design, Develop and Manage:
- Direct stage set-up and tear down for all auditorium events.
- Coordinate with the appropriate leader for technical needs of events that occur on campus, such as: Seasonal Productions, Guest Artist Concerts, Weddings, Classes, Conferences, and other events deemed necessary by the Executive Pastor or Worship Arts Leadership
- Coordinate all rentals of lighting, sound, and video for events both on and off campus.
- Oversee portable sound systems used church wide. Schedule and approve use and train operators.
- Continue personal education through various means (conferences, subscription, networking, etc.) to enable technology advancement in the future.
Spiritual Gifts Helpful for this Position:
- Inspiring volunteerism
- Receiving, giving, and constructively managing feedback
- The spirit, excellence and quality of technical arts will be evaluated by the Executive Pastor and supporting volunteers.
Nature of the Position:
- Exempt, full-time position with benefits.