Under the umbrella of KPC’s Family Ministries, the Children’s Ministry Director will lead and grow an effective Children’s Ministry, providing for the physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs of children ages birth through 12 years old. Salary range:
$35,000 - $45,000 yearly plus full benefits.
- Under the direction of pastoral staff, lead an established strategy for KPC Children’s Ministry.
- Develop and maintain a dynamic Sunday morning children’s program.
- Implement curriculum and developmentally-appropriate activities to facilitate spiritual education.
- Recruit, train, organize, and schedule Children’s Ministry teachers and teams for Sunday mornings.
- Oversee childcare logistics for all large church events as needed.
- Plan and execute annual summer, family, and outreach events.
- Maintain ministry standards for cleanliness, safety, and security.
- Partner with and train parents of children of elementary-age children.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required:
- Ability to communicate with, train, and inspire a team of ministry volunteers.
- At least 2 years of experience in Children’s Ministry leadership is required. 3-5 years preferred.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in ministry or education (or related) field is required.
- Experience in and comfortability with a charismatic church culture preferred.
Role Model in Personal Life:
- An alignment with the vision and values of Kempsville Presbyterian Church
- A growing relationship with Christ that is evident to all
- A love for the Great Commandment and Great Commission
- A people-loving, team-building doer that loves to see families grow in faith
Model Biblical Integrity in All Things:
- Be an active member at KPC
- Adhere to and encompass the qualities and characteristics required of KPC employees
A Word about Serving at KPC:
We are looking for a candidate whose personal and professional life reflects his/her commitment to Christ as an example to those with whom he/she relates. The candidate must also fully support the vision and mission of Kempsville Presbyterian Church and
its leadership team. KPC is a vibrant Evangelical Presbyterian Church conservative in theology, charismatic in worship, and missional in ministry.
Qualified candidates may submit resumes, including salary requirements to Marc Santom, Assistant Pastor of Family Ministries at email@example.com.