The Call Church is seeking a full time pastor for our 6th-12th grade students. We have a growing youth program and are looking for a pastor who has a passion for students, is a good leader/communicator and is able to develop a youth
ministry that will reach students for Christ and build them up in their faith.
The Call Church is a non-denominational church of approximately 350 people located in the foothills of Northern California, about 1 hour from Sacramento.
- A professed commitment to Jesus Christ that is demonstrated through Christian growth and is a model of spiritual leadership in ministry and family life.
- Meet the qualifications of a pastor 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1: 5-9
- A commitment to the pastors and staff, supporting the vision and philosophy of ministry of The Call Church.(Connect, Grow, Serve, Reach)
- Must be a good and engaging communicator, self motivated leader, love students and young adults and have a passion for outreach and evangelism.
- Must have good relationship skills with all age levels and possess basic administrative skills.
- Possess the attitude of a team player and demonstrate a teachable spirit.
Youth Ministry Responsibilities:
Develop a youth ministry that fulfills the Vision of The Call Church (Connect, Grow, Serve, and Reach)
Connect – a ministry that connects students to one another. Provide an atmosphere where jr. and sr. high students are connecting in relationships and friendships with one another, treating one another as family.
Grow – a ministry that fosters growth in each student’s relationship with God. Develop a discipleship process where students are maturing in their relationship with God and taught how to continue their development as individuals through
personal prayer, study of the Bible, memorization, etc…
Serve – a ministry where students are encouraged to use their gifts to minister to one another, the church as a whole, and their community. Help students identify how God has shaped them to serve and giving them opportunity and planning
service trips for them to use their gifts.
Reach – a ministry where students who don’t know Christ are being introduced to him and where students are making first time decisions for Jesus. Developing a youth ministry where non- Christian kids are coming and experiencing what church
is all about and where students who already believe in Christ are being taught how to share their faith with others. Plan special outreach events and be connected with youth in the community.
- Continue development of the Sunday morning program and the mid week program to reach and minister to both Jr. high and Sr. high students.
- Recruit and motivate adult/student volunteers for leadership in the youth ministry program and meet consistently for encouragement, prayer, and ministry planning.
- Develop a core of student leaders.
- Plan regular events for outreach and service.
- Be available for the needs of students and families who may be in need of ministry and partner with parents in the spiritual development of their students.
- Pray for the student ministry leaders, students, and families.
To apply and for a job description, please e-mail a resume, bio, and photo to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Any recorded sermons/messages that can be sent would be helpful as well.