The Student and College Young Adult Minister will oversee and coordinate all areas in the high school and college young adult ministry. This person’s direct supervisor is the Director of Spiritual Life.
The mission of student and college age ministry is to provide a cultivating culture of disciple-making where students are taught about Jesus, trained in truth, discipled in obedience, be equipped to serve Him and to belong to his church.
This role is part of the Next Gen. Team with the vision to partner with families, build authentic faith and develop influence.
The ministry is to:
- Lead the High School and College Young Adult Ministry as the church seeks to instill a deep-rooted faith in the lives of students.
- Encourage High School and College students to become more mature in Christ through Biblical teaching, discipleship, evangelism and service.
- This role is responsible for the oversight and planning of all High School and College Young Adult ministries.
- Develop a core leadership team to help plan and lead in the High School and College Young Adult age ministries.
- Identify, recruit, train and equip volunteers as we strive to partner with families to develop spiritually healthy homes.
- Create and implement intentional pathways for this specific age group to get connected to, and serving within the church and the world.
- Staff and schedule volunteers for weekend services and other regular church activities.
- Be the primary biblical preacher/teacher for the ministries.
- Oversee background checks and Teacher Approval/Statement of Faith for volunteers in accordance with established procedures (to be on file in main church office).
- Interview, train and place new volunteers into the ministry in roles that match their abilities.
- Meet with volunteers at least annually to evaluate performance, and work with volunteers to ensure balance in commitment and scheduling.
- Implement Orange curriculum with large group, and small group components and train all volunteers to teach this curriculum.
- Track attendance and visitors in the ministry.
- Responsible for small groups - recruiting, training, discipling and multiplying both leaders and participants.
- Provide regular social events and mission trip opportunities for these age groups. .
- Develop outreach events that appeal and draw the unsaved.
- Provide retreats, conferences and camps specifically for these age groups.
- Develop a working relationship with parents and involve parents in all facets of the ministry.
- Manage and oversee the high school and college young adult budget.
- Participates in regular ministerial duties such as hospital calling, pastoral care, etc
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be willing to become a member of First Christian Church, support the FCC position papers and submit to the leadership establlished by the church. Must align with the mission, vision and strategies of First Christian Church.
A Bachelor's degree is preferred and a minimum of 2 years involvement in student ministry.
Absolutely must have a teachable spirit, humble heart and a passion to disciple our students in Christ.
To apply, please visit our Website's employment page by clicking the link below.
Fill out our online application and upload your resume at the end of the application.