If you feel a tug in your soul toward church planting we want to talk with you! The
BLDG 28 Church Planting Residency Program is a 24-month program designed to give potential planters practical training, personal coaching, and hands-on experience from guys who have recently gone through the exhaustion and exhilaration of planting
and revitalization. You will not be a nameless face in a mega-sized crowd; you will rather be relationally connected to our pastors and residency team (all of whom have been actively involved in church planting), who will be united with you to see you launch
a fresh Gospel work in a nearby city (or even across the country). In constructing this residency we have been trained under the
Acts 29 Church Planting Network and the Summit Network in Raleigh, North Carolina. We have consulted with pastors and planters, done meticulous research, and are convinced that we have a strategy in place that will produce strong planters
and successful plants.
We are not desiring to bring in dozens of potential planters each year. Instead, we will take very few potential planters each fall, pour into them personally, train them toward planting, coach them in ministry, assist them in developing leaders, help them
establish a core, and then send them out as a viable arm of our local network and with the support of the
Acts 29 Network to plant a Gospel-breathing, missional church in the Tampa Bay area.
If partnering with a Gospel-oriented church and a network of fellow planters interests you please continue reading below and check out our residency video by clicking here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-bMC64LZKM.
A few things that you need to know before you apply…
- According to Ed Stetzer, a missiologist and leading voice in modern church planting, “planters should expect to work vocationally outside of the church and should welcome the opportunity as it will give them a better understanding of the city and bring
to them fresh waves of evangelistic and discipleship opportunities.” Ed goes on to say, “Bi-vocational planting should not be seen as a handicap but rather an opportunity.” We agree with Ed’s thoughts and place a high priority on potential church planters
immersing themselves into the city and culture through local employment. Therefore, residents should endeavor to find a job (our team will help in this process) until they are ready to build a planting core and begin raising financial support.
- We will be providing resources to our residents, both suggested reading for the residency training and additional books which we believe will be beneficial as they prepare to plant.
- We will provide our residents a monthly stipend for cell phone and gas expense.
- We will cover all costs for you to attend, with our leadership team, a Gospel based, church planting conference in the spring of 2017.
- We will help you raise financial support as you enter the second year of the residency.
- During the second year of the residency if you continue to feel God solidifying a call to plant and our residency team affirms that call we will walk with you through and pay for your assessment with the
Acts 29 Network.
If you feel God leading/calling you to plant please connect with us by emailing our Pastor of Teaching & Planting: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our staff will reach out to you personally with more information and the
residency application. Thanks for taking the time to read through and pray over this. We are stoked to see how God will lead from here!