Purpose: Provide pastoral leadership and musical direction to the worship ministries of Moses Lake Presbyterian Church.
Expectations: The Worship Pastor must have a love and passion for Jesus Christ, and a love of leading others into the awareness of the presence of God. The Worship Pastor will focus on enhancing
the worship experience through selection of appropriate music, video, and the arts for all services. He/she will develop and implement, in conjunction with the preaching pastor, the appropriate themes and plans for worship services, prepare music, recruit
and schedule volunteers, and lead rehearsals. This person must have strong musical background including experience leading and selecting teams of individuals participating in worship services; have excellent platform skills; be a skilled vocalist, keyboardist
or guitarist with experience and exposure in performing arts and media. The Worship Pastor will provide spiritual leadership to all volunteers in worship ministry. This position is a pastoral one that therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as
a musical or performing arts director but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry and the congregation.
- Genuine, growing & humble relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Understanding of and a commitment to MLPC’s core beliefs, mission, vision and values.
- Interpersonal skills - ability to connect with seekers & believers where they are and build relationships
- Leadership ability, including recruiting, training, inspiring, and nurturing volunteers
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Organizing / administrative skills (planning, implementing, maintaining)
- Effective time management and prioritization of needs
- Computer proficient especially with worship/presentation software.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Plan worship service (s) with the preaching pastor, including music selection, service format, etc., for all worship services. (Currently: 3 Sunday services, Wednesday evening, and special services, etc.).
- Prepare music, schedule volunteers and lead rehearsals.
- Provide spiritual leadership to all volunteers in worship ministry.
- Function as primary worship leader.
- Recruit, audition and vision cast potential new musicians.
- Recruit, schedule and provide training for tech team.
Oversee Develop, plan, implement, and support other ministry opportunities as agreed/assigned.
Coordinate/communicate with sr. pastor, other staff, and other key individuals as needed to ensure decisions and actions are working in concert with other activities.
Attend staff meetings, Elder meetings, and other committee/ministry meetings as assigned.
The individual will be expected to have oversight over an additional ministry area to be determined by gifting and call. (Some possible areas would be Media, Pastoral Care, Students, Life Groups, Assimilation, etc)
Other reasonable duties as assigned.
Compensation: Competitive salary + vacation, holidays, & medical.
ML Presbyterian Church is a member of ECO (Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians). ?More information about Moses Lake Presbyterian Church @ www.moseslakepres.org Information about ECO @ www.fellowship-pres.org/eco
1142 West Ivy Avenue, Moses Lake WA 98837 / 509.765.8819 / Ericfrey@moseslakepres.org