First Baptist Midlothian is a church that has rediscovered the innovating, pioneering spirit that started the fellowship as the first church in the area. Hosting multiple services, multiple worship styles, and a team approach to leadership, our goal is
to operate more like a church plant than as a century-old church.
Group life is core to the development of followers of Jesus. We’re looking for a discipleship pastor who understands the value of group life, innovates and motivates people to invest their lives with others, and creates open doors for people in our community
to serve their neighbors spiritually and practically.
The Discipleship Pastor will coordinate small groups and on-campus Bible fellowships, lead outreach ministry to both engage people who aren’t attending and to follow up on those who start attending our church.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Hosting our newcomer fellowship for those interested in connecting with Christ and our church,
- Oversee recruitment and training for group leaders,
- Model a discipler’s lifestyle and lead others to adopt it personally,
- Coach other age-group pastors as they lead the discipleship ministries for their communities.
- Staff-level experience in forming, leading, and coordinating group life
- Commitment to teamwork and innovation
- Effective communication skills
- Passion for seeing people become followers of Jesus
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org