The Gathering Place at The Community Church of Greenwood
• Commitment to Jesus Christ in life and in service
• Adheres to the mission of CCG – “Proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ and live in full obedience to Him.”
• Adheres to the vision of The GP: “Transforming our community through faith and sports one person at a time”.
• An active member of the Community Church of Greenwood
• A vibrant leader among the CCG church body and staff who has a passion for connecting people to Jesus and CCG through the GP.
• A primary communicator, equipper, team builder, and strategy developer in leading CCG toward strategic engagement of the community via sports.
• Well equipped and highly-motivated for effective sports outreach
• A model of spiritually maturing discipleship as a member of CCG’s/GP’s professional support staff.
• Thorough knowledge base of the athletic culture surrounding the Community Church of Greenwood
• Thorough knowledge base of the local culture, the unchurched, the unbeliever/irreligious of our community
• Key leader in forging and nurturing collaborative relationships and strategic partnerships with local sports organizations and entities
3. Preferred Skillset
• Strong administrative skills
o Highly organized
o Proficient computer skills
Interfacing with EZ Facility data base for management of leagues and volunteers
Social Media (Twitter/Facebook, etc.)
• Strong communication skills
o Ministering to youth and adults
o Building bridges to the local sports community
o Potential interviews with the media
4. Preferred Experience
• Sports ministry background
o Developing, promoting, and managing sports leagues, camps, and events for youth and adults
o Performing ministry to High School sports programs (athletes, coaches, and AD’s)
o Collaborating with local sports institutions (through ministry/service related projects)
• Education (one or more of the following preferred but not required)
o Sports Management Degree
o Theology Degree/MDIV
o Exercise Science Degree
• Athletic involvement/background
o High school or collegiate level athlete
o High school or collegiate level coach
• Works under the direct oversight of the Executive Director,
• Works in unison with the Youth/Adult Sports Administrative Assistant and the Executive Assistant
• Collaborate The GP’s youth and adult sports programs with CCG
• Build strategic relationships with the local secular sports world
• Assist in developing effective promotion and communication strategies with Executive Director and CCG event planner.
• Ensure that brand and outreach vision strategy is communicated clearly to the community inside and outside of the church walls.
6. Program Responsibilities
• Assist the Executive Director to develop strategies to increase memberships at the GP
• Measureable, comprehensive sports outreach strategy that ultimately provides connections for “outsiders” to the church (outreach strategy)
• Development of effective spiritual decision counseling (discipleship strategy)
• Kingdom and inter-team collaboration (including strategic service projects)
• Clear, timely interaction and communication with volunteers and attendees, while ensuring that meetings, events, and processes are effective, well planned and coordinated.
7. Administrative Responsibilities
• Primarily responsible for the administration and coordination of The GP’s sport programs/events with the support of the GP staff, and the CCG event planner
• Responsible for volunteer recruitment, training, coordination and communication with the purpose of achieving both ministry and leadership effectiveness
• Oversight and responsibility for maintaining sports related data base(s) in conjunction with the Executive Administrator
• Assist the Executive Director in tracking key growth indicators (i.e. first time guests, members, converts, etc.)
• Update social media outlets regularly for current and future events to help promote and celebrate GP Sports Ministry to the public
• Develop devotionals and leaders of which to communicate them as needed for adult and youth leagues.
8. Time Commitment
• Daily schedule/hours will vary depending on the various leagues and programs. Some early mornings, late evenings, and Saturday’s required.