WORSHIP ARTS PASTOR
Stockbridge Community Church is currently looking for a new team member in the position of Worship Arts Pastor! We are located on the south side of Atlanta. We have grown to 600 people each week and expect continued growth. We're looking for someone to help
take us to the next level!
I'm Jeff Daws and I'm the Pastor of Stockbridge Community Church. I'm looking for a motivated Worship Arts Pastor to work with me and our Team. If you’re a natural born leader with musical experience and you would love to be a part of a growing, purpose driven
church, then this position might be for you!
Are you called to serve in a suburb of Atlanta? Are you interested in helping a church continue to grow?
Are you passionate about raising up musicians and volunteer leaders and leading a proven music and worship planning system.
Are you interested in expanding an existing volunteer structure of musicians, technicians, designers, and singers?
Can you lead worship at a high level, and bring musical excellence to the stage, to worship planning, and to cultivating highly experienced musicians?
Can you establish, lead, and train the audio/video, lighting and teams to include live streaming of services online?
Can you establish, lead, and train graphic design teams for pieces to be used in worship services and sermon series?
- A Solid Calling to Stockbridge, GA and a high commitment to the local church
- The ability to manage a Worship System
- Hard-working with a "whatever it takes" attitude
- A passion for the Bible and innovation, as well as worship and the arts
- A team player with solid organizational skills/ Administrative gifts
- A high level understanding of music and music direction in a contemporary setting
- Has the ability to lead worship while playing an instrument and raise up others to do the same
-Has the ability to step away from the “lime light” to allow others to shine
- Ability to read and write music notation and chord charts
- A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
IF YOU WERE SERVING WITH US, HERE ARE A FEW THINGS YOU WOULD HAVE DONE LAST WEEK:
- Scheduled musicians, singers, and production volunteers for a service 2 months away
- Sent hand-written 'thank you' notes to key volunteers
- Participated in a planning meeting to prepare for upcoming sermon series 2 months out
- Researched possible video clips for teaching pastor to use in upcoming teaching series
- Led process of casting, recording, and editing video projects to be used in Sunday service
w/ volunteers and video editors
- Led a weekly small group
- Made phone calls to people interested in serving with the Worship Arts Team at any level
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER and candidates who have read Nelson Searcy’s book, “ENGAGE” will be considered. In the cover letter please include a LINK TO A VIDEO of you leading worship.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 5 questions:
(1) Why you are interested in this position?
(2) Why you would feel comfortable relocating to Stockbridge, GA?
(3) Define your call to ministry.
(4) What about you would stand out from other candidates for this position?
(5) Write a brief overview on your thoughts of the book, “ENGAGE”
Please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com