Pinelake is seeking a Children’s Pastor for our Starkville Campus. The Children’s Pastor is responsible for developing, implementing and promoting a birth through sixth grade ministry involving education and activities for children and the families of children
to reach the church body and the community for purposes of salvation, spiritual growth and family enrichment. Emphasis will be to develop and maintain a vibrant children’s ministry while identifying and developing servants to maintain the preschool ministry.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assist the Campus Pastor in establishing goals and objectives for the ministry and initiate strategies to fulfill them.
- Plan and promote activities to support the Children’s Ministry strategies and supervise the communication of these activities to other staff members and the congregation as appropriate.
- Enlist and train servants for children’s ministries and special programs.
- Ensure that all servants (paid and volunteer) understand and adhere to the Child Protection First! policy.
- Supervise and coordinate work with Children’s Ministry servants.
- Assist in the preparation and management of the budget for the Children’s Ministry within the parameters established by the Campus Pastor and Pinelake’s budget policy.
- Interface with specific ministry teams that support the Children’s Ministry
- As a loyal team member, cooperate with other staff members and follow the leadership of the Campus Pastor.
- Plan and conduct leadership training.
- Assist other ministers as necessary in the successful completion of regular worship events and special events.
- Evaluate and order materials, curriculum and resources for various children’s program needs.
- Perform administrative duties such as compiling reports, preparing expense reports and completing purchasing orders, as required
- Make recommendations as to the use of the church buildings and property
- Purchase supplies and equipment and oversee the use and maintenance of all equipment and supplies used by the ministry including set up, break down and proper operation
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; and at least three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
***To apply, please visit us at www.pinelake.org/employment