God has called Crossroads Community Church to bring transformation to rural communities for the cause of Jesus Christ. As a multi-site church with 7 campuses in the Northern Illinois-Southern Wisconsin area and an international online ministry, we are
passionate about working together in reaching and serving people in rural areas with the message of the Gospel.
Worship is more than singing 3 songs before the message. We worship with expectancy. We invite the Holy Spirit to lead our worship so that we can worship toward the heart of God and who we are in Him. Our worship team invites our congregation into an
intimate time with Christ through music that is fresh, relevant, and represents the heart of God. Our worship breaks down generational and cultural barriers. We often worship with music from Bethel, Elevation, Jesus Culture and similar Spirit-filled musicians.
Requirements for this position:
- A Spirit-led follower of Jesus Christ.
- Your highest calling is worship, and you love to live it.
- Possess instrumental, vocal and musical talent with a gift of leading others into Christ-centered worship.
- Excellent communicator, both orally and written.
- Undergraduate music degree; Masters preferred.
- Proven excellence in leadership of congregational worship as the ‘lead worshiper’.
- Must have a high level of connectivity with the Lead Pastor as well as the heart to develop and maintain a worship culture within the church.
- Demonstrated ability to develop spiritual leadership, to train/equip volunteers, to build teams and to multiply and mobilize individuals in ministry. Skilled in administrating a growing a multi-faceted ministry.
- A multi-tasking team player with a positive attitude, high energy and strong interpersonal skills.
- Creative in service and program design, able to draw the best out of creative people.
- Fully comfortable with all aspects of cutting edge technology related to worship and communication (sound, lighting, video, etc.
It would be great if:
- You are able to write music & create chord charts.
- Strong audio recording and editing skills.
- Proficient with Pro-presenter.
In this role, you will be:
- Responsible for planning, organizing and spiritually leading multiple worship experiences on weekends and other events as needed.
- Planning, organizing and evaluating with Lead Pastor the weekend worship experiences.
- Responsible for other leadership responsibilities as determined by Lead Pastor.
- Training and equipping future worship leaders.
- Mentor the worship leaders at our multi-site campuses.
- This role will help fill a central support role for the entire church and help train other staff and volunteer worship leaders
Please include a cover letter expressing why you would be a good fit for this position and links to videos of you leading worship. (Resumes without this may not be considered).