Chestnut Ridge Church is located in the educational, commercial, medical and cultural hub of north-central West Virginia. Located just over an hour south of Pittsburgh and four hours west of the Baltimore-Washington, D.C. area, Morgantown, West Virginia,
offers its residents access to rivers, mountains, lakes, hiking trails, bike paths, golf courses, and to some of the best schools, hospitals, and job opportunities in the nation.
Home of the Division I, Big 12 West Virginia University Mountaineers, Morgantown’s way of life is more than that of a idyllic college town; it’s a place with a strong economy, a flourishing culture and a quality way of life. The likes of Forbes Magazine,
the Milken Institute, Parenting Magazine, Expansion Management Magazine, and The Wall Street Journal, have recognized Morgantown as one of the best small cities in which to live, work and raise a family!
Progressive and growing mega-church is seeking a full-time Director of College Ministries. You will join with a dynamic staff team in a grace-filled environment taking cues from North Point Ministries, Willow Creek Community Church and "Simple
Qualified candidate will have strong relational, leadership, team building, systems development, discernment and organizational skills. Experience in college school ministry and familiarity with North Point Ministries' strategy and approach is a plus.
The Director of College Ministries is responsible for providing vision, strategy, support and development to volunteer leaders to help assimilate 18-25 year olds into the body of the church through community groups and serving.
Summary: The College Director is responsible for providing vision, strategy, support and development to volunteer leaders to help assimilate college students into the body of the church through college gatherings, community groups, and
One-line Job Description: To lead and equip college students to become growing disciples of Christ.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Act as an ambassador for CRC by positively reflecting the vision, mission, strategy and values to those inside and outside our walls.
• Be able to assess and advise attendees and volunteers as to how and where they can take their next steps towards God and within the ministry.
• Speak into the effectiveness of the adult weekend environment.
• Make sure it remains appealing, engaging, and helpful to college students.
• Plan and execute “Next Step” events for college students at weekend services.
• Promote and organize college groups.
• Lead and organize Encounter, a campus worship gathering.
• Plan and execute weekend retreats.
• Help assimilate college students and into the body of the church by encouraging them to serve.
• Set appointments and meet with small group leaders regularly.
• Equip and develop each leader around the leader essentials.
• Monitor group health and provide care as needed.
• Meet with and develop a student serving team.
• Recruit/Lead a student serving team to help create environments and develop leadership.
• Officiate weddings and funerals as needed.
• Perform baptisms in weekend services.
• Speak in other environments as needed.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Exempt/ Salaried
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Interested applicants may send, Resume, and CoverLetter to email@example.com