The Journey Church in New York City has three locations across Manhattan and we’re looking for a talented, passionate and innovative individual to join our growing Worship Arts Staff. Manhattan is the largest campus of The Journey Church and is experiencing
growth to require additional Worship Arts staff.
- Are you passionate about raising up musicians and volunteer leaders, leading a proven music and worship planning system, and growing a music ministry in a multi-site setting?
- Are you interested in expanding an already healthy volunteer structure of over 150 volunteers?
- Can you lead worship at a high level, and bring musical excellence to the stage, to worship planning, and to cultivating highly experienced musicians in New York City?
If you answer yes to the questions above, keep reading.
- At least 3 years experience in worship/music ministry including leading on and off stage.
- Proficiency in one or more instruments – strong vocal and stage presence
- Ability to create and arrange tracks for our worship services in programs like Ableton Live, ProTools etc.
- Experience leading teams and developing leaders
- Understanding that Worship Ministry is more than singing on Sundays. Think 80% equipping, 20% music.
- Creative but organized and sharp and hard working.
- Not afraid to get hands dirty during load-in and load-out.
- Love challenges and always brings creative, doable solutions
- Play guitar (electric or acoustic) and/or piano in a modern/contemporary setting.
- Be familiar with the Purpose Driven Model
- Be able to chart out a song in the Nashville Number System
- Be able to work with Pro Presenter in the context of a worship service
- Love the idea of living and doing ministry in the most influential city in the world
- Loud noises, large crowds, busy sidewalks and public transportation don’t bother you. In fact, they excite you.
- Be responsible for musically creating and executing our worship services. From song selection to performance under the direction of our Worship Pastor
- Lead worship 3 - 4 times a month at one of our Manhattan locations.
- Be responsible for recruiting and training weekend stage teams – band and production
- Be part of the creative team that helps plan and implement all creative ideas into our worship services each week.
Send your resume, links to a video of you leading worship and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Manhattan Worship Leader
Applications that do not include all three of these items listed above will not be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 3 questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- Why would feel comfortable relocating to New York City?
- What about you will cause you to stand out from other candidates for this position?