The Journey Church in New York City has three locations across Manhattan and we're looking for a talented, passionate, and innovative individual to join our Worship Arts Staff. Manhattan is the largest campus of The Journey Church and is experiencing growth
to require additional Worship Arts staff.
TOP FOUR THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE APPLYING
1. You already live in the NYC metro area (Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, New York and are willing to relocate to one of the five NYC burroughs)
2. You have a link to a video of you singing in live setting in the last 3 months (preferably in a church worship setting but not required)
3. This is primarily a Worship Leading postion with Thursday and Sunday responsibilities. If you're not a great musician/vocalist, this is not the right fit for you.
4. This is a part-time position with the possibility of turning into a full-time position for the right candidate.
So. . .are you passionate about raising up musicians and volunteer leaders, leading a proven music and worship planning system, and growing a music ministry in a multi-site setting?
Are you interested in expanding an already healthy volunteer structure of over 150 volunteers?
Can you lead worship at a high level, and bring musical excellence to the stage, to worship planning, and to cultivating highly experienced musicians in New York City?
If you answer yes to the questions above, keep reading.
SKILLS. . .
• At least 3 years experience in worship/music ministry including leading on and off stage.
• Proficiency in one or more instruments - strong vocal and stage presence
• Experience leading teams and developing leaders
PERSONALITY. . .
• Understanding that Worship Ministry is more than singing on Sundays
• Creative but organized, sharp and hard working
• Not afraid to get hands dirty during load-in and load-out
• Love challenges and always brings creative, doable solutions
YOU SHOULD. . .
• Play guitar (electric or acoustic)
• Be familiar with the Purpose Driven Model
• Be able to chart out a song in the Nashville Number System
• Be able to work with Pro Presenter in the context of a worship service
• Love the idea of living and doing ministry in the most influential city in the world
• Loud noises, large crowds, busy sidewalks and public transportation don't bother you but excite you
YOU WILL. . .
• Be responsible for musically creating and executing our worship services. From song selection to performance under the direction of our Worship Pastor
• Lead worship weekly at one of our Manhattan locations
• Be part of the creative team that helps plan and implement all creative ideas into our worship services each week.
To start the process, email the following things to:
1. A current resume, including a current picture
2. A link to a video of you singing and playing
3. A link to your facebook / instagram
Applications that do not include all three of the above will not be considered.