COE Youth Pastor Job Description
To oversee the Spiritual Growth and training of the teens and young adults of the church, coming alongside of them and their parents as a teacher, mentor, encourager, and pastor.
To help the ministry of COE accomplish it’s Vision to Reach, Teach, and Serve.
Targeted Ministry Areas:
Jr. High Youth Group
Sr. High Youth Group
4-year degree from a Bible Training Institution or Equivalent
Must be licensed or able to be licensed by the CMA
Must be in agreement with the doctrine and theology of COE and the C&MA
( http://www.cmalliance.org/about/beliefs/ )
Desire to work with and serve with a team
Spiritual Gifts of Teaching and Shepherding
The Youth Pastor is accountable to the Senior Pastor and the Board of Elders.
This list is not meant to be exhaustive and may change over time with the approval of the Elder Board and Sr. Pastor to better fit the strengths of the Youth Pastor.
- Meet weekly with the Senior Pastor for prayer and accountability in ministry.
- Be willing to preach as needed.
- Attend Staff meetings when required.
- Maintain personal integrity and personal spiritual life through regular study and times of prayer.
- Be committed to self development.
Including the attending of seminars and conferences, the reading of books that deal with your area of ministry, and networking with other pastors who can give insight to your ministry.
- Be committed to this ministry and faithfully pray for this ministry.
- Be visible and supportive at other church activities and events, even outside of your area of ministry.
- Be willing to assume other responsibilities as the need arises.
- Represents the church by being visible in the district, community and at youth oriented events.
- Discern and communicate God’s Vision for the youth and young adult ministries of COE.
This is to be done within the context of the greater Vision of COE as a whole and with the cooperation of the Elders.
- Plan and lead a weekly scheduled Youth Group program that is energetic, fun, and Biblically sound.
- Schedule and plan events, activities, trips, and missions opportunities that support the vision of COE and that will draw teens into the ministry and provide them with opportunity for
- Spend Time with the teens!
- Provide counseling when appropriate.
- Provide support, training, and prayer to the parents of our teens.
- Communicate with the parents and the church as a whole to keep them informed and up to date on what is happening in the youth ministry.
- Recruit, Train, and Unleash a Youth Ministry Leadership Team comprised of teens who are being mentored in leadership and administration and given the opportunity to serve in the youth
- Recruit, Train, and Unleash an Adult Leadership Team to help care for the students and to help carry the load of ministry.
This is a full time paid staff position with a regularly scheduled weekly day off.
Vacation: Based on Ministry Experience