This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Creative Arts
Chambersburg First Church of God
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 06/25/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Is creative your middle name? Are you interested in making a difference? Does the thought of leading a team of volunteers from a musical and technological standpoint inspire you? Do you understand what it means to chroma key something without having to look it up? Are you a passionate and gifted worship leader?
If so, you may just be the person we are looking for…
The Chambersburg First Church of God is located in one of the fastest growing counties in the nation. We just moved into a new state-of-the-art worship facility and we currently offer 3 distinct styles of worship for our community to choose from. Our main sanctuary is lead by our Senior Pastor and features both traditional and blended styles of services. Our Associate Pastor leads our contemporary experience in the multi-purpose room and will expand to two experiences per Sunday morning starting this August. Overall the church has nearly doubled in size in the past 2 years as we have made a renewed focus on reaching out to our community.
The Pastor of Creative Arts will be our 7th ministry staff member and although we have great volunteers in both the musical and tech side of things, our growth has now necessitated the hiring of someone who is passionate about the arts and wants to partner with us in turning our city up-side down for Jesus. The full job description and requirements are below but here it is in a nutshell. While not necessarily actively participating in all styles of services, you will be responsible to oversee the various music and tech teams for all services. So being musically gifted, knowing the technical side of lighting, sound and projection and being a strong team builder is a must. Also, we are seeking someone who is gifted in the area of video production. From the creative brainstorming of, to the shooting of to the editing of, we desire someone who will be able to partner with our pastors and other departments in using video to relevantly communicate the truths of scripture.
CHAMBERSBURG FIRST CHURCH OF GOD PASTOR OF CREATIVE ARTS JOB DESCRIPTION
BASIC FUNCTION: The Pastor of Creative Arts will be responsible for the development of the Creative Arts Ministry by assisting in the planning and development of services and building teams to fulfill these responsibilities.
- To provide visionary leadership for teams for the operation and production of
creative arts functions for the worship services of the church (i.e. lights,
sound, video, computer)
- To ensure worship leadership is provided for each service
- To work with the other pastors to develop creative worship experiences
- To work with other staff members and ministries to carry out the overall
mission and vision of the church under the direction of the Senior Pastor
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing relationship
- A visionary who is creative in leading people to God
- Possess relational skills and be an enthusiastic presence for leading a
growing church in worship
- Skilled in organization, administration and interpersonal relationships
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound,
lighting, computers, Song Show, Power Point, video production and projection
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed
- A self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
- Licensed or ordained in a Churches of God General Conference approved
- Demonstrated experience in leading a successful Creative Arts Ministry
- Responsible for the appropriate budget line items under the direction of
the Senior Pastor and/or deacons
- Proficient in leading & performing both vocally and instrumentally
- This position will report to the Senior Pastor and will be accountable to
- The performance of the responsibilities will be evaluated by the Senior
Pastor and Elders
- The staff member will be committed to living and modeling a godly lifestyle
and conducting his or her self in such a way that his or her behavior, speech
and attitude represent a high standard of godliness. The staff member will
strive to live in such a way as to bring the utmost respect in representing
the Church. He or she will be a follower of Christ and demonstrate a pattern
of spiritual growth that is evidenced by a life of prayer, personal obedience
to the Word of God and the proven ability to discern the Lord’s will and
guidance in decision making.
TO APPLY please send your resume to: Chambersburg First Church of God ATTN: Arts Pastor Search Team 2230 Grand Point Road Chambersburg, PA 17202 Include along with your resume a recent CD (DVD preferred) of you leading worship in a corporate setting. Also, please send a DVD of videos (2 minimum) you have shot and edited for use in church settings. Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.