Community Cong. Church of Billerica
Billerica, Massachusetts - United States
Denomination: Christian Church
Church Size: 101 to 150
Phone: (978) 663-3750
Email: Contact Us
Our church's history began with a meeting at Adelman's Casino on Sunday September 10, 1916. At that time there was a meeting of "...all persons interested in the holding of non-sectarian religious services in the Pinehurst district." On September 21, 1923 the church was organized and its twenty members constituted the People's Community Church of Pinehurst. The Rev. M. H. Sweet was the first pastor. The church was incorporated in 1925 and in 1930 the church's name was changed to the Community Congregational Church of Pinehurst. In 1945, a new building committee was established. In 1951, the new meetinghouse was dedicated. Ten years later, following the formation of the United Church of Christ, the church voted to accept the Constitution and Bylaws of the new denomination. Pastor Debbie Ennis currently serves as our interim pastor. The words of Warren Wiersbe in his book On Being a Servant of God, best sum up our vision of ministry: "Ministry takes place when divine resources meet human needs through loving channels to the glory of God." It is the goal of the Community Congregational Church to be the loving channels of God's resources to meet the needs of those God brings into our lives. It is our desire to be the ambassadors of God's reconciling work through Jesus to the world (2 Corinthians 5:20).