This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Youth Ministry Director
St. Cloud, Minnesota, United States
Date Posted: 10/04/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
We are looking for a full-time Youth Ministry Director to provide leadership in our youth ministries: coordinating, organizing, and planning youth group activities, Bible studies, small groups, and communicating with youth, parents, volunteers, and co-workers. Current youth ministry program has about 70 students on Wednesday nights, as well as additional Bible studies outside of Wednesday nights.
1. Administration and leadership of youth programming at Westwood Church for middle and high school students.
2. Developing student leaders and facilitating mature students' outreach.
3. Connecting students with the corporate church community.
4. Reviewing and approving all Bible study curricula.
5. Recommending and facilitating mission trips and other service/growth opportunities.
6. Networking with area student ministries.
7. Developing and managing student ministries budget.
8. Develop strong partnership with students’ parents.
9. Active participation in church life.
Ideal candidate would have the following:
Ability, skill, and drive to follow through with above goals
Commitment to prayer and a heart for lost people
Completion of youth ministry training program and/or years of experience in leading youth ministries
Respect from, credibility to, and appreciation by parents and students
Commitment to church’s vision, strategy, constitution, leadership, services, etc.
Commitment to being flexible, creative, teachable, and enthusiastic
Ability to recruit, motivate and manage volunteers to accomplish ministry goals
Demonstrated life of moral and ethical purity
Strong preference given to those with upper Midwest ties