This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
First Baptist Church
Canyon, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 10/03/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
First Baptist Church of Canyon, Texas, is seeking a full time youth minister. We are looking for someone who has a calling to minister specifically to youth. One who has a passion to encourage biblical life change among youth through evangelism, discipleship, and worship.
The primary responsibilities of the position include directing weekly activities and events for students 7th to 12th grade; planning special activities and camps for students throughout the year; developing relationships with parents of the students.
1. Coordinate youth ministry within the following areas: Sunday School, Discipleship Training, Wednesday Night Bible Study, fellowships, retreats, and special events.
2. Enlist department leadership in cooperation with the Nominating Committee. Lend assistance in completing maintaining department organizations. Promote and develop an ongoing program of leadership training.
3. Give guidance and counsel through organizational channels to volunteer workers who guide the youth division.
4. Give leadership to the Youth Ministry Team.
5. Lead youth workers in a systematic program of evangelism and outreach.
6. Teach youth how to share their faith and mobilize them into their worlds.
7. Correlate a program of recreational activities related to the youth section of the budget.
8. Be responsible for preparation of budget requests for the youth section of the budget.
9. Keep abreast of latest materials and methods related to youth ministry.