This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Church of the Valley
San Ramon, California, United States
Date Posted: 10/02/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
WORSHIP PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Church of the Valley - 2012
TITLE: Worship and Arts Pastor
PURPOSE/SCOPE OF JOB: The primary purpose of this position is to lead our congregation in all aspects of worship. Provide leadership, vision, direction, training, inspiration, shepherding and spiritual oversight to all the worship and arts ministries of the church.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Works closely with the senior pastor for equipping, accountability and encouragement of all church members.
1. Develop and manage the worship and arts ministry staff and programs at COV.
2. Provide spiritual leadership in the worship service that supports the transformation of lives as individuals focus on their personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
3. Direct and oversee the praise teams and provide spiritual and professional leadership to its members.
4. Participate as a member of the pastoral staff, representing the area of worship and arts.
5. Recruit, train and manage lay music and drama teams.
6. Support the various musical needs of COV with special music (i.e.: conferences, children’s programs, holidays and special events)
7. Assist the senior pastor, as requested, in planning/programming worship services and any other ministry deemed necessary. (a weekly 1x1 meeting with the senior pastor will be scheduled)
8. See to it that all Worship Ministry workers have gone through background checks and are being nurtured, trained, supported, encouraged and challenged through regular on going departmental staff meetings that will enable them to carry out all ministries required/expected of them.
9. See to it that all worship ministry members attend CLASS 101 and are in unity with COV beliefs and philosophy. Encourage all members to complete the Life Development Process.
10. Oversee all children’s music programs at COV, including the management of the lay leadership, the scheduling of all programs and the selection of all musical material.
11. Oversee and manage the worship budget. Make sure that we spend within budget constraints and demonstrate fiscally responsibility.
12. Develop small groups within the worship ministry department and help create culture of discipleship and spiritual growth.
Bottom-line: We are looking for God's man to lead our people into the presence of God week after week.
We are looking for four key qualities: Character, competency, character and calling. We are also looking for a hard worker, a person with exceptional ability to follow through and a team player. And key to all of this? A man who loves God with all he's got.
If this is you, if you're looking for a great team to serve on, (no pre-madonna’s) email me at firstname.lastname@example.org