This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Global Outreach Mobilizer
Wheaton Bible Church
West Chicago, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 10/01/2012
Categories: Missions/Int. - Outreach
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Full-Time
We live in a complex, connected world where populations move and diverse cultures mix in urban centers around the globe. People struggle against poverty, disease, and injustice even as questions of identity, purpose, belonging, and spiritual truth confront them. Wheaton Bible Church (WBC) in the western suburbs of Chicago seeks to engage today’s unprecedented opportunities and challenges with the hope of the Gospel, mobilizing Christ-followers to multiply disciples among all peoples.
During our 80-year history, WBC has sent nearly 500 individuals from our church family into long-term global service. Our mission is to love God, grow together, and reach the world. This commitment to reach the world is reflected in the fact that one-quarter of our budget is directed to global and local community outreach.
Right now, WBC's worldwide engagement includes:
• 90+ long-term missionaries serving in 40 nations
• 10-15 international short-term trips every year (both adult and student teams)
• Two expanding church-wide initiatives:
- HOPE Kenya, addressing dire holistic needs (AIDS/poverty alleviation in East Africa)
- MOVE, an initiative engaging our members with global immigrants (North Africans in European cities).
We are seeking a full-time employee to mobilize our congregation in cross-cultural outreach and global service. The successful candidate would exhibit gifts, passion, and experience in holistic global ministry, have the capacity to develop cross-cultural understanding and engagement among teens and young adults, and possess skills to identify, recruit, and prepare missionary candidates.
1. Facilitate Global Outreach mobilization and training
2. Provide strategic oversight to WBC’s short-term missions ministry
3. Cooperate with WBC’s Local Impact staff in cross-cultural outreach in DuPage County, which includes refugee resettlement and immigrant services
4. Support our major global initiatives, HOPE Kenya & MOVE
1. A variety and depth of cross-cultural missions experience
2. Bachelor’s degree, including coursework in Bible, theology, and intercultural studies; Master’s degree and/or experience in holistic ministry/community development a plus
3. 1 – 3 years experience engaging and mobilizing others in cross-cultural outreach and global service
4. People skills in networking, empowering, and leading others
5. Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal; an engaging presenter
6. Organizational skills in goal-setting, management, and reporting
7. Experience and capacity for international travel in challenging environments
Visit our website at www.wheatonbible.org. If you are interested and feel you are qualified for this position, please email a cover letter and your resume to Kris Annen at firstname.lastname@example.org .