We live in a complex, connected world where populations move and diverse cultures mix in urban centers around the globe. People struggle against poverty, disease, and injustice even as questions of identity, purpose, belonging, and spiritual truth confront them. Wheaton Bible Church (WBC) in the western suburbs of Chicago seeks to engage today’s unprecedented opportunities and challenges with the hope of the Gospel, mobilizing Christ-followers to multiply disciples among all peoples.
During our 80-year history, WBC has sent nearly 500 individuals from our church family into long-term global service. Our mission is to love God, grow together, and reach the world. This commitment to reach the world is reflected in the fact that one-quarter of our budget is directed to global and local community outreach.
Right now, WBC's worldwide engagement includes:
• 90+ long-term missionaries serving in 40 nations
• 10-15 international short-term trips every year (both adult and student teams)
• Two expanding church-wide initiatives:
- HOPE Kenya, addressing dire holistic needs (AIDS/poverty alleviation in East Africa)
- MOVE, an initiative engaging our members with global immigrants (North Africans in European cities).
We are seeking a full-time employee to mobilize our congregation in cross-cultural outreach and global service. The successful candidate would exhibit gifts, passion, and experience in holistic global ministry, have the capacity to develop cross-cultural understanding and engagement among teens and young adults, and possess skills to identify, recruit, and prepare missionary candidates.
1. Facilitate Global Outreach mobilization and training
2. Provide strategic oversight to WBC’s short-term missions ministry
3. Cooperate with WBC’s Local Impact staff in cross-cultural outreach in DuPage County, which includes refugee resettlement and immigrant services
4. Support our major global initiatives, HOPE Kenya & MOVE
1. A variety and depth of cross-cultural missions experience
2. Bachelor’s degree, including coursework in Bible, theology, and intercultural studies; Master’s degree and/or experience in holistic ministry/community development a plus
3. 1 – 3 years experience engaging and mobilizing others in cross-cultural outreach and global service
4. People skills in networking, empowering, and leading others
5. Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal; an engaging presenter
6. Organizational skills in goal-setting, management, and reporting
7. Experience and capacity for international travel in challenging environments
Visit our website at www.wheatonbible.org. If you are interested and feel you are qualified for this position, please email a cover letter and your resume to Kris Annen at firstname.lastname@example.org .
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Fellowship
- Walla Walla, Washington
- January 15
Director of Family Life CenterReynoldsburg United Methodist Church
- Reynoldsburg, Ohio
- January 12
Campus Pastor (171703)Private Profile
- Northeast US, Pennsylvania
- January 11
Director of Community LifeCrossPoint Church
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- January 10
Missionary-English Teacher in JapanShukugawa Bible Church
- Nishinomiya-shi, Hyogo-ken
- January 9
Wheaton Bible Church
The mission of Wheaton Bible Church is to love God, grow together and reach the world. It captures what Jesus expressed in the Great Commandment and the Great Commission. We want to do what He commanded and live how He lived. More...