This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Communication Manager/Web & Digital Media
Wheaton Bible Church
West Chicago, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 10/01/2012
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Full-Time
Wheaton Bible Church is seeking a full-time Communication Manager/Web and Digital Media. The purpose of this position is to provide guests, members, attenders and staff with easy-to-use, compelling, informative, interactive, and inspirational electronic media resources that contribute to the total communication effort of helping to make and grow disciples of Jesus Christ.
1. Facilitate development of overall church digital strategy: Internet, intranet, and social network resources such as
Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
2. Play point for the look and feel, content creation, and updates for the website.
3. Ensure the website, especially the home page, is engaging, easy to navigate and in sync with church priorities.
4. Assist ministries with web resources; offering assistance, connecting with technical support, etc.
5. Oversee development of ministry pages and key site destinations. Ability to create video and animation resources a plus.
6. Maximize use of Social Media, text messaging, mobile phone apps, online streaming, and RSS feeds; develop strategies
and ministry-use plans and create opportunities for staff and congregation engagement.
7. Maintain appropriate support relationships (web host, content manager, other vendors, etc.)
8. Work with church management system team.
- 2-3 years of web design experience, a working knowledge of web technologies and other emerging digital media.
- Strong verbal, written, and strategic communication and decision-making skills.
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with web programming code (HTML, HTML5, CSS, some PHP, responsive web design, Wordpress); fluency
with Mac and PC platforms and key operating systems.
- Advanced computer design skills and use of software such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and dreamweaver.
- A keen understanding of Wheaton Bible Church ministries as well as the ability to function efficiently in a church setting.
- Commitment to holiness and developing your personal walk with God.
- Attend Wheaton Bible Church.
Interested and qualified applicants should email a cover letter and resume to Kris Annen, Human Resources, at email@example.com. Please put your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line, and include any links to and/or samples of your work.