This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Student Ministries
Faith Community Church
Gambrills, Maryland, United States
Date Posted: 10/01/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Faith Community Church
Director of Student Ministries Position Overview
Purpose: The purpose of Faith Community Church is to introduce people to Jesus Christ and equip them to become His devoted followers.
Focus: God expects our church to be based on the sufficiency of scripture. We believe that in the Bible, God has given to all individuals all they need to handle life in a manner that pleases Him. (See Psalm 19:7-11; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:3-9)
Using the Bible we seek to be:
COMMITED TO DISCIPLESHIP
LIFESTYLE OF WORSHIP
COMMITMENT TO FELLOWSHIP
DEDICATION TO SERVICE
PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF THE BIBLE
Church Profile: Faith Community Church (FCC) is a non-denominational evangelical church founded in 1979 in Gambrills, Maryland. The church maintains an unwavering commitment to the teaching of the inerrant Word of God as the sole source of God’s written revelation to man. The church is in a suburban setting, drawing upon a diverse social, ethnic and economic environment maintaining a weekly service attendance between 400 and 500 people. Average attendance at youth ministry events ranges between 50-60 students.
Job Description: The Director of Student Ministries (DSM) is responsible for leading and directing the relational and program elements of the ministry of FCC to Middle and High School students. The DSM works in concert with the church staff to pursue the Purpose, Focus and Core Values of the church as they relate to these students through the sound teaching of the Word of God. The DSM is also responsible for recruiting, discipling, equipping and organizing lay leaders to serve as co-laborers in the student ministry.
• In partnership with the elders and staff, develop and communicate a strategic vision for student ministry that is consistent with the Purpose and Focus statements of FCC and the Word of God.
• Implement a philosophy of ministry for youth that is consistent with the Focus and Core Values of FCC, that effectively teaches the churched as an integral part of the Christian Education program at FCC, and that reaches the unchurched in our community and beyond.
• Provide Godly leadership in developing student ministry programs including, but not limited to: evangelism, outreach, fellowship, discipleship, worship and service.
• Promote the incorporation of students into the general life and ministry of FCC through Sunday worship services, Sunday school, retreats, social events, service opportunities, missions, etc.
• Assist the staff/elders in the development of an annual student ministry budget.
• Recruit, train, disciple and oversee volunteer leadership for the student ministries.
• Engage the entire congregation in prayer, service and support of student ministries.
Reporting Relationship: The Director of Student Ministries as a member of the staff administratively reports to the Senior Pastor. Operationally the DSM reports to the elders assigned with responsibility for Christian Education.
• A clear testimony and profession of faith in Jesus Christ.
• Biblical student and communicator
• Consistent record of ministry and service
• Actively pursuing spiritual growth and discipleship
• Demonstrates discernment and Godly wisdom
• Agrees with FCC’s Doctrinal Statement
• A passion for ministry with specific emphasis on students
• Completed or pursuing professional training for ministry
• At least five (5) years of experience in leading student ministries preferred
• Self-starter who is motivated and can motivate others
• A demonstrated ability to develop and organize student ministries in the church context
• A demonstrated ability to minister to students in creative and culturally relevant ways
• Verbal and written communication skills to enable, facilitate and promote ministry
• If married, maintains a healthy biblical relationship with wife and children
• Represents a Christ-like role model to students