Children’s Ministry Director - Sharon Baptist Church
Assist staff in campus development and growth through targeted family ministry to families with children (grades 1-4)
The ideal candidate will demonstrate evidence of a dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ and a lifestyle of bringing individuals to Christ. An individual who can lead both children and volunteers toward goals that are bigger than thought possible. The ideal
candidate will be creative, energetic, technologically sound, and possess the ability to motivate others. They will be expected to enhance programs already in place and create new initiatives to create a strong children’s ministry growing in faith, maturity,
size, and influence. The focus will be on building strong ministries and equipping families to build Christ-centered homes.
• Responsible for ministry development, resourcing and oversight of the children’s (grades 1-4) ministries including the related calendar and budget preparation and coordination
• Responsible for the recruiting, training and mentoring of volunteers and the multiplication of lay leadership
• Build a children’s ministry that is highly intentional about equipping parents and families and celebrating family as the most critical place where discipleship happens
• Serve as an advocate for spiritual formation of Children before staff, congregation, and elders.
• Equip and Encourage Leaders of Small Groups as they encourage the participation of children within their groups.
• Equip and Encourage Leaders of the Large Groups Kid’s Worship as they encourage the participation of the children.
• Equip and Encourage Leaders of the Wednesday night program where the kids can do deeper in their personal faith.
• Create a regular connection/fellowship activity for the kids every three months.
• Provide clear opportunities for these children to understand how to accept Christ and the basics of baptism.
• Continue education and access to innovations through seminars, conferences, and institutions of higher learning.
• Oversight of “teachers” through, but not limited to, screening, ongoing training, and appreciation.
• Develop division of labor (volunteer & paid) consistent to the needs of child spiritual formation programming.
• Plan and provide for the security of children and teachers involved with Children’s Ministry (i.e. security check-in and retrieval, evacuation plan, volunteer screening, first-aid, CPR training).
• Responsible for the creation and development of strategic events including, but not limited to VBS
• Fully support our ministry philosophy, theology, and strategies
• I report to: Senior Pastor
• I work directly with: Preschool, Route 56, and Student Ministry Directors
• Reporting to me: Lay Leaders in Uptown Worship, Downtown Small Groups, VBS, Wednesday Night Ministry, other ministry efforts
• Bachelors Degree (Graduate level study would be a valued characteristic, including seminary)
• 2-3 years experience in children’s ministry and/or children’s education
• Experience recruiting and leading volunteer teams
• A Christian testimony, personal soul winner and disciple maker
• Full support of our ministry philosophy, theology, and strategies
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills